NGD: I now really belong on the TDPRI with my new Fender Telecaster

Kerberos

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Give your wife a hug and a kiss. She sure has it right. You're retired, time to enjoy life. That's a beautiful Tele, wise choice if it fits your hand nicely and goes easy on the arthritis. PRS makes some nice guitars as well, I have one of those on my list.

I always remember the Lyrics in the song by the Beatles, The Ballad of John and Yoko - "Saving up your money for a rainy day, Givin' all your clothes to charity, Last night the wife said, "Oh boy, when you're dead, You don't take nothing with you but your soul, Think"

Be sure to that the Mrs. gets something she'll like for herself! Make some great music with that Tele!

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Nice. Great move. I never thought about a blue guitar until I joined this site and started seeing photos of other people's guitars. Someday maybe.
Maybe some encouragement here?

TelePlank

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
First off congrats! Tidepool looks great and has almost had me pull the trigger on a few Teles. I like it better than Lake Placid Blue in most cases. I only bring it up because I know people compare them. LPB I like with a darker shade and a gray tint. Not a fan of super bright shades bright LPB. Enjoy that Tele!

kinkstah

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats, and enjoy that beautiful Tele! Those guitars are addictive, you're warned : maple fretboard, rosewood fretboard, dual humbuckers (check, obviously), 2 single coils, HB + single coil, modern bridge, vintage bridge and so on... Welcome in "Tele-dom".

BobbyMac

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Very nice Telecaster you got there. And it is very rare for a seller to toss in anything extra. Looks like a nice gig bag, not a cheapy. Congrats!

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
You know what this means, don't you? It means you'll have to get a Tele with two single coil pickups. It is inevitable.

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Congrats! Didn't realize they came with coil splitting. That can give you a lot of versatility. My ES339 has coil splitting and I use it quite a bit.