NGD - I guess her name is Penny

KATT

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
Very nice. I have a copper Telecaster, but the penny colour does appear to have more of a pink hue. It's more similar to my '87 Gibson SG Elite in the 'sunset metallic' finish which was originally a metallic pink color, but the yellowed top coat has turned it into a more palatable copper colour.

IMG_20201020_132443.jpg

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Last edited:

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Very nice. I have a copper Telecaster, but the penny colour does appear to have more of a pink hue. It's more similar to my '87 Gibson SG Elite in the 'sunset metallic' finish which was originally a metallic pink color, but the yellowed top coat has turned it into a more palatable copper colour.

View attachment 888163

Significant difference, as I see it. Your Gibson seems to have more of a pink hue.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
That is a beauty. Love it.

I saw a photo of a LP Goldtop done as though it were brass, with green corrosion streaks. Copper with green corrosion would be an interesting look to try—not on your new guitar!—just imagining it on...something.

NW_TELE

TDPRI Member
Interestingly enough, I actually had the 50s road worn Vintera here for a day, and took it back for the Performer.

I did have a hard time with the price of that Mexican model, but I loved the nitro finish and the moderate relic job. Ultimately, the fat U shaped neck gave me issues, not after short playing time, but when I gut it home and played for a couple of hours, my hand cramped ip in a way on never has before.

I went through the exact same thing. Bought the 50s Vintera, had it for about 2 weeks and returned it for a Performer. I wanted to like the fat neck but just couldn’t get on with it. Also the satin neck on the Performer I much prefer and in my case the fret ends are much smoother.

Tele-friend

Tele-Holic
Congrats!
Very happy to see some Tele Performers on TDPRI.
I also have one, but in Butterscotch blonde. The quality of the guitar is really good and it plays awsome.
USA Fender for 1000€ (that was the price a year and a half ago when I bought it) was a real bargain IMHO.

chris m.

Poster Extraordinaire
The jumbo frets are what would tempt me. Love me some big jumbos.

I think they stopped making pennies in Canada because they all ended up in peoples' penny jars
down in the USA. Eventually they ran out of copper.

UPtele

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Nice guitar

It's funny how the mind works, it reminds me of the golden retriever from down the road that used to come visit, her name was Copper