NGD: How many Strats is too many? Or, do I have room for two more?

widefault

Tele-Meister
The answer is of COURSE I have room for more Strats.

#1, Yet Another Lotus
NGmFUhz.jpg

maPN5dt.jpg

I think this one is a Made in Korea model, probably Samick? Could be Indian, too. Factory silverburst, HSS, and MOTS pickguard. Fancy. Now, the funny thing is this is the first of these I have seen that is HSS, the rest have been SSS. Also, this one has sealed tuners, the SSS have the stamped tuners so common on older cheap Strat copies. Cleaned it up, put on new strings, and found that neck relief was perfect, action was a quarter-turn away from where I like it, and intonation was dead on. Kind of a let down, I wanted more of a project than I got!

#2, Yet another Aria
M31IDqf.jpg

Yw6LpZU.jpg

Yes, a string-through hardtail. This is actually my 2nd Aria string-through, but the other only has two pickups.

zOhfsZM.jpg

This one is going to need a de-stickerization, clean-up, new strings, and proper setup. I knew that as soon as I saw this!

VGXAijK.jpg

Interesting spring placement for sure.

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Glad to see you're de-stickering. I always cringe a bit when I see them. One of my best friends is notorious for slapping stickers on beautiful guitars as soon as he gets them.

Love Aria Pros - been a big fan since the '80s. Never played a dud. Very nice.

Spox

Tele-Meister
One MIM Fender, two MIJ Squier and five MIK Squier. Only strat I'd add now would be a MIA, probably/hopefully.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I am currently trying to answer that question with Teles and so far I haven't reached a number that seems like too many :oops:

Let us know if you find a number ;)

I have one Strat, but that will likely be my next research project as I definitely have my eye on another Am Pro II :)

20211001_233545482_iOS.jpg

wraub

TDPRI Member
I have 4 atm, and parts for one more.

Enjoy yours. :)

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
I'm now up to 4 Fender Strats and a great Strat copy as a 5th. I don't play enough to justify that many, so I'm going to let a new friend of mine enjoy the Strat copy since he hasn't played for awhile and the guitar he has isn't playable.

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
I started with a 78 hardtail then got a 72 and thought I was done but then along came a 77 hardtail and a Rory Gallagher CS. I knew I was done then came S type partscaster I have no idea anymore.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
I’ve had as many as nine at one time. I’m down to four now. I’ll always have a Strat.

I so agree. I've been fortunate enough to find two amazing acoustics. I have 4 true Fender Strats as well. I make sure to play a minute or two of an acoustic guitar and an electric before I leave the house in the morning and I repeat that requirement before I crash at night. A Strat will always be part of my daily routine.