NGD home again , home again jiggedy jig

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ping-ping-clicka, Sep 28, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

finally.... the Epiphone Les Paul Jr. is finished and at home.;)
    The tech at Broken Guitars set it up perfect.
    https://www.brokenguitarsoakland.com/
    I tried it out at the store, job well done!
    The Neck is not what I an used to (fender necks) so years of muscle memory need to be expanded for the larger neck. I like it because not only do I have big feet 13/ EEEEE , big hands xlr. gloves don't fit so well
    (big hands/big feet = BIG SOCKS /BIG GLOES ;)) All kidding aside I really didn't have any expectations regarding the build of the guitar, so the first time I really took a close look and played a little.
    Going to the shop and back did me in for the day,, the post "that which can not be mentioned" symptom of easily being fatigued is still here but is slowly receding.
    I had forgot how long I wanted a L.P. Jr.
    what has it been 40 years?
    I feel like xmas , birthday, May Day (Beltane ), Saint Lazarus' day ( Papa Legba day) all rolled into one has arrive.
    I know it's just the material world and everything passes , just like everything and everybody and yet
    it's a rush. Obviously I am still attached to my desires.
    Speaking of which while I was at Broken Guitars checking out the guitar I tried out a pedal,
    Catlinbread's Dirty Little Secret through the antique Marshall solid state with sounded harsh but very clean, enter the Dirty Little Secret and presto-chango, shazam! Suddenly every thing sounded A O.K..
    Used pedal with about33% off list. Now I know what people were talking about when they spoke well of this pedal.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzDirtyLittleSec-large.jpg

2. DLReed

DLReed Tele-Meister

Yes! You got it! Congratulations and have fun

3. DLReed

DLReed Tele-Meister

I think I posted this in another thread, but here is mine. I put the cream pickguard on and switched out the control knobs to give it a bit of a lighter appearance.
    IMG_3813.JPG

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

The LP Jr is the only contender from Gibson or Epi!
    Shop sold it to you or you had them fix it?

ping-ping-clicka and 57joonya like this.
  5. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Way cool junior

(I’ll see myself out)

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  6. ping-ping-clicka

thank you. The sound of a P-90 well this P-90 is so wonderful. So infectious. after Strat and Tele pick ups for years and years the difference, Ican't discribe the difference but I sure can hear it.

7. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire

I hear what you're saying about material world and stuff. But pedals aren't just "things". They have feelings. That's where tone comes from. Congrats on your guitar too.

57joonya likes this.
  8. 57joonya

57joonya Tele-Meister

Les Paul jrs are fantastic !! So nasty , and good cleans too.
    I know I love mine, enjoy yours in good health. Now crank that sucker . Or maybe tomorrow morn...

9. ping-ping-clicka

Broken Guitars is not a Epiphone Dealer, so I bought from Sweetwater Music, and took the guitar to Broken Guitars and had it set up for slide playing
    ( I most ashamedly must confess to not knowing how to set an instrument up properly.)
    because of life style and the current unpleasantness, I stacked some savings and bought as Les Paul Modern from Epiphone
    Guilty pleasures , I do long to explore a style influenced by Sleep, Sunn O)))) , High on Fire, and Neurosis and of coarse Flipper A Les Paul seems to be a good signal source for this sort of exploration.. It's the noise aspect that tantalizes. I like noise. a lot of what I do is electronic synth noise / manicured noise 0000 Geiger_Counter_600x.jpg

Blackmore Fan and telemnemonics like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.