NGD heading my way, 1981 Westone Concord II

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
This is the actual one.
westone 1.JPG
westone 2.JPG
Westone 3.JPG

I had been looking for one for years and all of a sudden, somebody offered me one.

middy

Friend of Leo's
Cool! That was before Westone made the ugliest guitars.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Because of it being 41 years old?

Yeah, I shouldn't have called it "NEW guitar day"

No because this post says new guitar day but it’s not in your possession yet

Then the inevitable “it’s here!” New guitar day post will happen and the surprise factor is gone because we see it coming

It’s sweet either way

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
No because this post says new guitar day but it’s not in your possession yet

Then the inevitable “it’s here!” New guitar day post will happen and the surprise factor is gone because we see it coming

It’s sweet either way
oh THAT yeah

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My second electric ( first one, stolen) was a very similar 1982 Electra Phoenix ( St. Louis Music). Played the heck out of it ( wore our frets/fingerboard) until 1992, and gave it away-
This one is similar ( mine was a satin sunburst):

Attachments

• 20200418_140605.jpg
    20200418_140605.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 18

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The reason why I haven't got it yet is because of the owner not feeling well and in this day and age you cannot be careful enough.
I've got a sale of my own Tele on hold right now as I am sick with ' unspoken plague '
( I gave buyer a little price break for putting up with this, till I'm better)

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The reason why I haven't got it yet is because of the owner not feeling well and in this day and age you cannot be careful enough.
I've got a sale of my own Tele on hold right now as I am sick with ' unspoken plague '
( I have buyer a little price break for putting up with this, till I'm better)

Modman68

Tele-Holic
My second electric ( first one, stolen) was a very similar 1982 Electra Phoenix ( St. Louis Music). Played the heck out of it ( wore our frets/fingerboard) until 1992, and gave it away-
This one is similar ( mine was a satin sunburst):
Wow!! That blond model there was my first (good) guitar when I was 13. My parents were going to surprise me, but my friend told me they picked it up from my guitar store after I had been gassing for it for months.

It fell victim to brutal and I’ll advised sessions of modification and abuse in the 90’s. Really regret that now and always watch the net for one to pop up.

It was a good guitar with a great feeling slim neck.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Wow!! That blond model there was my first (good) guitar when I was 13. My parents were going to surprise me, but my friend told me they picked it up from my guitar store after I had been gassing for it for months.

It fell victim to brutal and I’ll advised sessions of modification and abuse in the 90’s. Really regret that now and always watch the net for one to pop up.

It was a good guitar with a great feeling slim neck.
I did not know it at the time, but that Electra was my first ' Strat' ! ( operationally+ basic specs) Good guitar

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
DSC02998.JPG

Well, here we are, so what are my first impressions of her?
- KILLER NECK, that thing almost plays itself.
- Much more comfortable feeling body than I thought. I have owned a Westone Thunder Bass before and it feels different from that.
- Tone for days, it does all the things you'd expect from a Strat-style guitar but does them really good too.

Any downsides?
- The bridge pickup is half the output of the other two, perhaps I'll replace it with something other in due time, but perhaps I will not.

Last edited:

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Well here we are a few hours later and I shimmed the neck and raised the bridge saddles because the strings were hitting the pole pieces of the neck pickup when strumming.

This improved playability. And I moved the strap button from on top of the upper horn to the inside of that said horn, which keeps the strap from slipping off.

Something that, as this later Model Westone Concord shows, Westone themselves also started doing, presumably for that very same reason.
westone-concord_360_ef43265a71b74998d5f7f797e07a1c68.jpg