NGD Harmony H1260 Sovereign 1969

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by wood&steel, Jan 19, 2012.

1. wood&steel

wood&steel TDPRI Member

Well I finally got home from work and got to play it. Wow! This thing is awesome. I can't believe they are so cheap. Had a songwriting session last night with a friend who has a rosewood j45 and I couldn't even hear his guitar when I was playing. Def a unique sound. Very nice. Do yourself a favor and get ahold of one of these is good shape. I love it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

Attached Files:

2. TaylorPlayer

TaylorPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Nice score..... The Soverigns are the top of the line for Harmony. They are solid wood (no laminate) and everyone I have played sounded really good. I had a birth year Soverign (1961) for awhile and really liked it, but I got an offer to trade it for my Vintage 1960 Magnatone Custom 413 amp and didn't even think twice about it. I do miss the Soverign as it was my beater guitar, but at the prices you can find them, I assume I will find another some day.

Now go play some Arlo Guthrie! :D

3. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

I've always wanted a Sov. A pretty common mod on these is to have the ladder bracing replaced with X bracing- it's a cheap way to get pretty close to a vintage Martin.

4. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

+1 from Ballard

Nice score - mine is the OM version and not *nearly* as clean as yours. Partial re-fret, 2x reset neck, changed bridge and a fair amount of wear on the soundboard, but it sounds nice.

Do me a favor and NEVER set it up like that in the kitchen again.
    Please.
    I set mine up against a kitchen cab (for just a second - refilling coffee cup) and returned to see it sliding, landing face-down and neatly snapping at the headstock,
    Ow.
    Nobody to blame but me and my love for coffee.

Lemuel did a nearly invisible fix, thanks to a repair referral from JoeV@archtop.com and it's been back in service about five years now w/o trouble.

Enjoy a few John Sebastian songs on it.
    I've opened coffee house gigs w/ Rainbows All Over Your Blues with this.

Peace - Deeve

Attached Files:

5. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Cool, I have one like that and another Soverign that is all mahogany.

Great guitars!

6. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

Nice Score.

I played my first Sovereign in the mid-1960s and still own an early block letter 1260.

These things were put together with better lumber than alot of guitars costing a whole lot more. About the only ladder braced dread I have played that I liked better than the Sovereigns was a Vega Profundo which will put a heck of a bigger dent in you wallet than the Harmony.

Only real problem is that the "re-discovery" of the Sovereign over the past couple of years is pushing the prices up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.