1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD - Guild OM-120

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by NorthenLights, Apr 17, 2021.

1. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

I've been hunting for a dedicated live playing acoustic guitar. I want to be able to play some gigs without having to worry about my gems. I was pretty set on a mini guitar, like the Taylor gs mini, or Martins 000jr. Easier to lug around, and as I'm a pretty small guy, i might even make me look like a tall dude on photos. Oh, no mahogny bodies or rosewood frets to that, as I've never liked either in an acoustic.

So I walk into a guitar store to try some Martins. Alot of nice guitars, but nothing within my budget that makes me go wow. Then, just because why not, I take a Guild Om-120 off the wall. And suddenly, everything just clicks. Tone is there, round and mellow, but still with clarity. Neck plays like butter, the action is basically perfect. And that special magic is there, where I just can't seem to put it down. This is obviously MY guitar hanging in this shop, so I just have no choice but to buy it. And not only is it a full size instrument (albeit an om), it's solid mahogny bacl, sides, top and neck, with a rosewood fretboard. Just goes to show that whatever we think we know about our preferences, it can all change in an instant.

The sales guy was really great. He offered to put the guitar aside for me for a week, no obligation to buy it. I went to a few other stores, but nothing came close, and I went back and paid for it the next day. I went over my budget especially as I had to buy a pickup for it as well, so now I don't have enough funds left for a PA. Well, that's a worry for another day.

Just look at that! So shiny you can literaly see your own reflection in it. And those differ shades of brown in the fretboard are just stunning.

2. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

That is a beauty, Congrats and enjoy it!

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool!

4. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Beautiful guitar, and nice playing. Very cool!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.