NGD: GS Mini

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by BuckNekkid, Oct 11, 2020.

1. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Tele-Meister

I'm frequently a trendbucker (can I say that here? It's not obscene), so when people are going left, I'm going right, and so on. Thus, it should come as no surprise that I bought a new guitar. An acoustic.

I bought my first new acoustic guitar 49 years ago. I still have it. It was my only guitar for many years, and while it was great to play, it didn't project well. When I needed volume I'd do what many others have: I put a mic by the sound hole. After a while I got into electrics, and built up a nice collection of Teles and Strats, and forgot about playing acoustic for a while.

Things change. I started traveling a lot, and an acoustic travel guitar made a lot of sense. So, I added some acoustics to my stable. A Taylor, a couple of Martins, and a KLŌS, but none of them quite set my heart a-flutter. I've also gotten lazy; it's far easier to pick up an acoustic when the mood strikes, even though I have an electric rig set up within arm's reach. I still have to flip a switch, uncoil the cable, and reverse the process when I'm done. With an acoustic, I just pick up and play when I feel like it.

So, I was scanning sites looking for a shorter scale acoustic, reading reviews, doing comparisons, when I got an offer on something that looked good, and had terrific reviews. A good price, and free shipping? Done deal!

It arrived Friday and I've barely had time to put it down. This is the guitar I've wanted to play for decades! It's a Taylor GS Mini in Koa. It's surprising lightweight, but the sound it puts out is awesome! The koa wood gives it a richness, and the basses rumble and the high notes ring. It's a strummer, a picker, a blues-jazz-country kicker. I'm in love!

And to think, it only took nearly 50 years to find it.

[​IMG]

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Neato!

3. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Beautiful guitar man. I've come to realize the older I get the more I love smaller sized acoustics. Enjoy that thing.

4. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Friend of Leo's

I keep a Mahogany GS mini on the wall in my bedroom. Gets played more than any other guitar I own.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  5. Rocky058

Rocky058 Tele-Afflicted

I have heard nothing but great things about these guitars since they were first introduced.

Enjoy:D

6. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

Nice!

The only acoustic I own is a GS Mini.. lovely guitar!

7. Wallaby

Wallaby Friend of Leo's

I'd be all over that - congratulations!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.