NGD - Gretsch G6120TG

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's
Friday was the day, but I really only visit this site during my coffee/lunch breaks at work so here ya go.

This is a dream come true! After getting my tax return last spring and discussing with my then girlfriend, now fiance, what I was going to do with it, I said "probably just save it since we have projects for the house." She replied with "isn't there a guitar you'd want?"

"Of course, but this is Wildwood money..."

With a grin she said "well this is probably the last time you'll get to spend it on something like this, so you should do it."

What a woman!

We went over and I played a Setzer Hotrod and a flame top Chet to make sure I really wanted a 6120, big surprise I loved them both but they were a little outta reach. I put down a deposit on an Azure Metallic G6120TG but it has gotten delayed time and time again (the latest estimate of Feb 2022, initial estimate of June 2021). I looked at their stock and they had two of them in the classic orange, so having a choice (however small) was nice. This one had more "snap" so it came home!

So far, it does exactly what a Gretsch should, especially through my '69 Super Reverb. The pickup heights need to be adjusted, the B is particularly loud compared to the wound strings, but that's a rainy day tinkering task for this fall. I've been bad about rehearsing lately but my fingers came to life on this thing, I surprised myself!

Attachments

• G6120TG.jpg
    G6120TG.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Thanks Bill, I'm stoked!

And wow yours looks great too! I dig the flame! Ever play the Whip In? Your first two photos kinda almost look like their stage.
No, but my friend Jenifer Jackson (that’s right, one n) plays there.
I have eaten there, and it’s good!
The duo pics are with my friend, and great songwriter Scott George.
We’re playing the venerable Hole In The Wall on Guadalupe.
I first played there in 1977, when I was 20.
The trio pic is at the Moontower with the Audrey Malone Band.

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's
No, but my friend Jenifer Jackson (that’s right, one n) plays there.
I have eaten there, and it’s good!
The duo pics are with my friend, and great songwriter Scott George.
We’re playing the venerable Hole In The Wall on Guadalupe.
I first played there in 1977, when I was 20.
The trio pic is at the Moontower with the Audrey Malone Band.
I've spent some time in Austin with my former job, and once since then for fun. I much prefer being there for fun haha! I'll put the Hole in the Wall on my list for my next visit. I've been to the Moontower once, years ago now, thanks for the reminder cause I forgot the name!