1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: Gretsch 6120 Duane Eddy!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by EsquireBoy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Friend of Leo's

That would have been some kind of TDPRI approved instrument if you did, which would have been most ironic for a tele based forum :lol:

2. EsquireBoy

Thanks a lot! The clarity of the dynasonics in addition to the flatwound strings I use are indeed a great match with the midrange warmth of that little brown Fender. Cheers

3. EsquireBoy

Hey thanks a lot! I'm sure planing to make good use of it for many years to come. I've sold my second guitar for it and am only keeping my Esquire (which tells a lot right now about my love for telecasters :rolleyes:).

4. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Can almost hear it looking at the photos

EsquireBoy likes this.
  5. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted

upload_2020-10-19_15-20-36.png

Here's my 6120 DSW that I bought in August. It is incredible to play because it's so different than Teles, Strats, LP's, 335's, etc. I absolutely love all those guitars but the Gretsch just draws something out of me that other guitars just don't inspire. Just looking at the Gretsch makes me want to pick it up and play.
    To the OP; I think the music store should have disclosed that the guitar was new old stock. secondly, they don't know how to ship a guitar if they didn't even loosen the strings. it sounds like they didn't even do a set up. I realize a set up will change as it is shipped but at least send it out the door in playable condition or close to.
    The age wouldn't matter to me; I bought mine used but they should have disclosed it.
    Glad you're enjoying yours. I hope both our guitars inspire us to play for many years.
    Congrats and happy birthday!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    EsquireBoy likes this.
  6. EsquireBoy

Thanks!
    Your DSW looks stunning, congrats.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.