NGD Graham Coxon Signature Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Vintagebrit, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

Pulled the Trigger on the GC Signature Tele today. It's now on order.

I've been looking at these for a while and for fear of Fender pulling the plug for a second time, I've done the business.

It's a great Tele/Guitar even if it didn't have the signature of the fab Graham Coxon on the back - Ash Bodied, Seymour Duncan neck pick up, vintage tuners, rosewood board. It just looks so together.

I played one a month or so ago. It's a heavy beast, but it plays beautifully, sounds great and is a real looker.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

2. BritTwang

BritTwang Tele-Holic

I played the Coxon signature in GuitarGuitar in Birmingham. That Duncan in the neck was sweet. It's a great guitar for under £600, well worth the cash.

3. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

We must have played the same Tele then, cos I tested mine in GG about a month ago.

Ended up getting mine from my local Dealer, Music Bros because at least you get everything that came in the box, whereas GG don't even give you the tools that came with Guitar.

Music Bros matched the GG price too.

4. BritTwang

BritTwang Tele-Holic

Probably was then. It was around 3 weeks ago when I was there. I only buy from GG if they have a boxed on out back. The guitars are usually treated pretty badly in their stores and most things on the wall are marked in some way.

The thing I like about GG though is that they are pretty good at letting you try a few things out, even if they know you aren't buying on that particular day. I've bought a couple from there though, never had an issue with getting all the bits and pieces that come with it though, maybe it's because I insist on one from out back.

5. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

Anyone else have a single coil/humbucker combo?
    Anyone else have a GC signature Tele?
    Have a look at this youtube video.
    http://youtu.be/ME1nrmVz2-A

6. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

NDGD - New damaged guitar day.

Well, my new Tele arrived today at the store and DHL have damaged it in transit. Tossers.
    So it's also a DNGD - Delayed New Guitar Day.

7. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That's frustrating - hope you get it sorted out OK

8. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

good luck with the next one - and don't forget the pics pleeeaaaase!!!!!!!!!

9. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

That blows! Hope the replacement is with you soon. DHL are one of the worst delivery firms out there imo, ask the shop to send it via another courier as your faith in DHL is at an all time low right now - they can't refuse.

10. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

Actual NGD for my globetrotting Fender.

And finally......

1 week after my damaged GC Sig Tele arrived, the pristine replacement has arrived and what a journey.

It started at Ensenada (Mex) and then to the FMI Distribution Center in Ontario (Can), got shipped to the European Distribution Centre, Moerdjik (Netherlands) and a slow boat to FMI(GB), East Grinstead (UK), and on to Music Bros in Shrewsbury.

The Shop Keeper Clive wanted a photo of it before it left his Shop and that's what's attached below (for now). Will post a Tele "family" photo in the near future and a bit of a review of it.

Attached Files:

11. BritTwang

BritTwang Tele-Holic

Glad you got it sorted and you're happy mate, nothing so disappointing as opening up your NGD package and finding it damaged.

12. Spizzenergi

Spizzenergi TDPRI Member

Nice

13. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

Very nice....what is it like? I'm thinking about buying a second hand one from a guy over the border from here. The problem is that I've never even seen one in the flesh, as they say.

14. Theslack5

Theslack5 Tele-Meister

As much as I'm a massive fan of Graham Coxon and love the look of his sig tele I was worried about the 375k pots in it, I'm sure it helps the humbucker not be too muddy but how is the bridge pick up treble wise?

15. Diamond White

Diamond White Tele-Meister

What, no pictures? I despair. :rolleyes:

16. meehaja

meehaja Tele-Meister

I tried one of these when I got my baja and didn't like it, but i've come on so much since then as a player, and wonder if it was me rather than the guitar that didn't sound right to me, especially now I'm thinking a hum bucker might add a little more grunt for me!

17. BradL

BradL Friend of Leo's

I've had one of these for a while and it's a really nice guitar for not too much outlay. The bridge pickup is a bit sharper than I'm used to but fixable with the tone knob on guitar or amp so not really a problem. What sold me on it though was the HB neck pickup with its rather glorious not too hot, not too muddy voice. Used either on its own or in the middle position you can ride the volume and tone knobs up and down to get a varied sound palette. The 9.5inch radius fretboard is a good fit with the guitar and adds to the modern feel. It has a nice neck too with its gloss urethane finish. In general I was impressed with the overall fit and finish which required very little work to get it gig ready. FWIW I've subsequently purchased a couple of Mexican built Jazzmasters and the Custom Deluxe reverb (silver face) amp so can attest to the quality of the non-U.S. operation.

18. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nice looking piece. Never heard of them before - I had to look it up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.