1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD! Got one with the wrong saddles?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by FuzzWatt, Nov 28, 2020.

1. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

Sometimes you can google search for the fender service diagrams and you’ll get the part numbers. The pure vintage 60s knobs look identical to another flat top version marked for the P Bass, different part numbers and for good reason . . The pure vintage feel like cheap light weight pot metal because they are and that is accurate. The P Bass knobs are nice heavy brass knobs.

MAYBE, the Players got the pot metal ones?

Edit...quick google search brought up the Player service diagram right away which listed this part number....these are the heavy brass ones, not the light weight pot metal AV ones, but they do look identical.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/0991366000--fender-telecaster-precision-bass-knurled-knobs

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  2. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

I changed mine to block saddles. Just don't care for the bent saddles at all. Picture is before the change.
    [​IMG]

FuzzWatt likes this.
  3. FuzzWatt

FuzzWatt TDPRI Member

I'm gonna throw one of these babies on it after Christmas. It's the perfect Tele bridge for my preferences.

https://g-gotoh.com/product/bs-tc1s/?lang=en

4. FuzzWatt

FuzzWatt TDPRI Member

She's a beauty! How have you been enjoying it? What do you think of the knobs? They're very lightweight and cheap feeling to me. Aside from that, it's one of the best Fender's I've ever owned.

5. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

Never noticed any thing about the knobs. I really enjoy the guitar. Had a hard time finding the sonic red one last April or May when I bought it, but finally managed to find one in stock on reverb.

wblynch likes this.
  6. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Awesome I dig the brass block saddles a lot. Just make sure you get the right size or they'll be moving all around and causing the saddle screws to come loose. I learned the hard way. They come either 10.0, 10.5, or 10.8mm. This supper important. I think you will like them. Keep on pickin!!!

FuzzWatt likes this.
  7. kjatexas

kjatexas TDPRI Member

Nice guitar. Agree with changing the neck to maple.

FuzzWatt likes this.
  8. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Nice looking tele. Congratulations.

FuzzWatt likes this.
  9. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Meister

That is a beauty! I love the color. The Player Tele I bought new in early 2020 had the square block saddles too. I'm guessing maybe they switched up midway through the production run. No biggy, just change the saddles out. I changed mine to Callaham Am. Std. Strat saddles, and they fit perfectly and sound great.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    FuzzWatt likes this.
  10. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Afflicted

Very nice guitar, very nice price.
    Stewmac used to sell a product that would darken a fretboard; I don't know if they still offer it or not.
    Whenever I see a red Tele I think of Muddy Waters. You only have about half enough pickguard screws, though.

FuzzWatt likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.