NGD: Gibson SG Original 2013

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by rze99, Sep 20, 2019.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Thank you.

The vibrola is a weird contraption. Very crude really compared to eg a Jazzmaster or Strat and it is actually quite stiff.
    This one stays in tune perfectly but it only offfers a general light trem effect. It’s nice on chord work but a little clumsy on leads. The tailpiece looks so cool I don’t care. I just need to put some tape on the
    Thread to keep it in place.

jrblue likes this.
  2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic

It was a Gibson SJ200 (as on the Nashville Skyline sleeve) I lusted after in a glass case in Selmers, but also the big shiny jazz boxes. But looking at your pics instantly took me back there so SGs must have made an impression.

I never got an SJ200, nearest thing to a shiny jazz box is my beaten up but loved ES125, and a couple of years ago I thought I shouldn't go through life without owning a Les Paul, which I haven't really bonded with but it stops me wanting another one. That's about all from me on Gibsons!

20190807_190249.jpg 20181024_102211.jpg

Now back to blue Tele's...

rze99 likes this.
  3. rze99

Nice and thanks for sharing.
    Would like a big box Gibson from the 50s but I can’t justify it for my band and playing.

Worth playing some Les pauls.... mane beat not you might find one you really like and it’ll it’ll have a 5k tag.

4. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

You can keep your arm in place with a longer bolt and nyloc locking nut underneath.
    No divebombs or you'll mash it into the guitar.
    Does it have a nut of any description underneath? I think it should.

5. rze99

thanks I'm planning on adding a thin tape strip tot he thread first. I haven't taken it apart yet. too busy playing it...

6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

There aren't too many mechanical things one can fix with tape...but have at it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.