NGD Gibson ES-335

McGlamRock

Poster Extraordinaire
Finally am the owner of a new Gibson 335. Boy, that new guitar smell never gets old!
It's the Sixties Cherry Gloss finish. I was kind of bummed they do not come with the '57 classic pups anymore, but after I plugged in, the verdict is: she sounds amazing!

I have an Eastman T-486 (with Gibson 57 pups) that is also great. The response of the tone controls is a little different on the Gibson- it doesn't get "dark" as fast. Anyway, they're both keepers.

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2853.JPG
    IMG_2853.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 228

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Finally am the owner of a new Gibson 335. Boy, that new guitar smell never gets old!
It's the Sixties Cherry Gloss finish. I was kind of bummed they do not come with the '57 classic pups anymore, but after I plugged in, the verdict is: she sounds amazing!

I have an Eastman T-486 (with Gibson 57 pups) that is also great. The response of the tone controls is a little different on the Gibson- it doesn't get "dark" as fast. Anyway, they're both keepers.
Sweet! Beautiful grain. Love the finish.

thejackofhearts

Tele-Meister

Congrats!!! The grain (esp on the back) is fantastic.:)

Can I ask what production year & PUs you have in there? If heard the Calibrated PUs can either sound super mellow (in a PAF sort of way)...or bright and jangly.

McGlamRock

Poster Extraordinaire
Congrats!!! The grain (esp on the back) is fantastic.:)

Can I ask what production year & PUs you have in there? If heard the Calibrated PUs can either sound super mellow (in a PAF sort of way)...or bright and jangly.
Thanks!
It's a 2021 and the pickups are the Gibson Proprietary Pups. I have found that the guitar's volume control impacts their tone a lot. If you turn down the guitar volume, then turn up the amp, the sound is "softer" to my ears. When the guitar volume is all the way up, it can really drive an amp.

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Congrats! They’re absolutely gorgeous looking and beautiful playing guitars. I got my first one, too, less than a month ago (I pulled the trigger on a new Custom Shop VOS ‘64 Reissue with the unpotted Custombucker Alnico III pickups). I spent about two weeks obsessing whether to get cherry or vintage burst. Went for the burst, but with plans on getting a cherry in the future. You’ve got yourself a beautiful keeper there!

Last edited:

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted

Congrats!