NGD Gibson ES 175 CC

KennyWTelejazz

Tele-Holic
Since I'm reeling in the years I'm giving up on playing underage guitars that just want to chew bubble gum, look Cool as they wait for hardware mods and just take up way to much space in my guitar closet 😜
I need a guitar that can handle it's biznezz when the going gets tough and the chord changes hit the fan .

I just bought this late 70's Gibson ES 175 CC Wednesday evening . The ES 175 CC model is pretty Rare .
If I'm not mistaken there was only 479 of them made .

I have always wanted one of these ES 175 's since the days of when I worked at a very well known N.Y.C. music store ...
I am very grateful to have been able to swing this as a birth day gift to myself .

Today was the day it finally happened .

All the best ,
Kenny

Last edited:

KennyWTelejazz

Tele-Holic
Pretty sweet. Those CC pickups are particularly good for jazz?
Thanks ..It may be a matter of personal taste so Yeah ! IMHO the CC pickups are excellent for Jazz .
That's amazing, it looks incredible!

Congratulations!

Thank you for the kind words . Gibson has always done one of the nicest Tobacco Sunbursts .
all the best,
Kenny

KennyWTelejazz

Tele-Holic
Great looking. I Never saw a CC (Charlie Christian) . but appropriate of course.
Thanks for the post .I got my first taste of playing on an ES 175 CC when I worked at Manny's Music in the guitar dept . I knew back then that this version of the ES 175 was what I wanted to own and play .

There are less than 500 ES 175 CC 's ever made .
I have only seen a few in the wild and any time one ever came up for sale I was not in a position to get it ...
It took me 37 years to get this guitar ...
Now that I have one of my" Dream Guitars "..I feel it was well worth the wait ...people used to tell me I need to learn patience :lol:

have a good one ,
Kenny

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Since I'm reeling in the years I'm giving up on playing underage guitars that just want to chew bubble gum, look Cool as they wait for hardware mods and just take up way to much space in my guitar closet 😜
I need a guitar that can handle it's biznezz when the going gets tough and the chord changes hit the fan .

I just bought this late 70's Gibson ES 175 CC Wednesday evening . The ES 175 CC model is pretty Rare .
If I'm not mistaken there was only 479 of them made .

I have always wanted one of these ES 175 's since the days of when I worked at a very well known N.Y.C. music store ...
I am very grateful to have been able to swing this as a birth day gift to myself .

Today was the day it finally happened .

All the best ,
Kenny

glorious instrument. congratulations.

KennyWTelejazz

Tele-Holic
Thanks !
I want one tooooooooo!!!Beautiful!
You have good taste Sir ! I hope you get one .
I've always wanted a 175,but now that Charlie Christian is driving me nuts.Love that look.Congratulation
This will be my fourth Gibson ES 175 .
Having traded the ones I used to own towards other guitars or sold them off in the early 80's I wondered if I would ever be in a position to get another Gibson ES 175 . I feel grateful to have gotten this ES 175 CC .It is the model I have always wanted all these years .
Thank you for your post !
glorious instrument. congratulations.
Thank you for saying the kind words you said !
Happy New Guitar Day!! and Happy Birthday too. What a great thing to gift yourself!!

Enjoy!
Thank you for the birthday wish . Wanting to make this B.D. memorable and doing something nice for myself played a lot into my decision to buy this guitar .
I feel I have made the right move and I am enjoying playing this guitar .
Did not know of these, beautiful pairing - enjoy!
I went nuts when I found out about this model ES 175 .I used to play on one a few times a week at the music store I worked at . I have sold a few of them when I worked there . It is sweet because I always wanted one and I'm glad to have finally gotten one . thanks for the share .
all the best,
Kenny

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
images