NGD: Gibson 345

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
Groovy. Congrats.

I haven't been following Gibson at all. I didn't know they offered a 345 these days.

JRtele

Tele-Meister
Groovy. Congrats.

I haven't been following Gibson at all. I didn't know they offered a 345 these days.
Hey thank you.
This is a 2006 model. They offered a reissue in 2018 (sold out everywhere) with a single jack and no varitone. I found one for a similar price but decided to go with the classic look and options.

drmordo

Tele-Afflicted
Wow, I love it. There's zero chance I'd take the Varitone out.

Beautiful guitar.

CONGRATS!!!

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
So tell me @ the Varitone. I heard it has capacitors of different ratings at each stop, which provides a great variation in tones (hence the name). Is this true? And is there something like this that can go in a Tele?

Swell looking guitar too!

Guitarteach

Doctor of Teleocity
The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm
So tell me @ the Varitone. I heard it has capacitors of different ratings at each stop, which provides a great variation in tones (hence the name). Is this true? And is there something like this that can go in a Tele?

Swell looking guitar too!

Yep.. there are rotary capacitor arrays to reproduce idea. More decade switches. Tonestyler I think is one. This is another http://www.bigdguitars.com/products/big-d-varitone-switch

The 345 design has a big choke near the bridge.

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
Beautiful. Trapeze tailpiece is only a negative on the internet. And, yes, there are a few very cool tones in that Varitone circuit.

Enjoy it, it's a major league instrument.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I had a chance to buy one of those for $400 back in 1973, but I spent the money on my apartment rent instead. I regret that decision
I sold my 60's ES335 for $325 about then. :cry:
But I got another $75 for my 5E3 tweed Deluxe from the same buyer! :eek::mad::(

Censport

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
That's beautiful, congrats!

A bandmate from a long time ago had one and let me borrow it for a bit. Been wanting one ever since. He passed away about 5 years ago, l never heard what happened to his guitars.

Back at it

Tele-Meister
I sold my 60's ES335 for $325 about then. :cry:
But I got another $75 for my 5E3 tweed Deluxe from the same buyer! :eek::mad::(

back in the day when a used guitar was a used guitar…..

in ‘74 I could have had a sweet’62 sg/lp for $800, all I had was $150 so I settled for the best player a strat with refinned neck and no logo, totally road worn with 2 p90s hacked into it. Turns out it’s a late real deal ‘58 3 tone sunburst minus parts and with a chisel route for the p90s

still an awesome player