NGD: G&L Legacy Tribute (my first "strat")

markal

Tele-Afflicted
GC's "daily pick" on Monday was a special finish of the G&L Legacy Tribute for $349 so I ordered it. Been looking for a strat and I figured at that price it was worth a shot. It arrived this afternoon.

So far, I'm happy. I think it's a keeper. It's not perfect - the nut is not great and it will need a set up, but I really like the neck, the pick-ups and the overall look.

I might invest in a nut, maybe some locking tuners and I'll be set.

I played it for about an hour and all I can say is....QUACK QUACK. Not sure why I waited so long to get a strat. I was really enjoying that 4th position tonight (or is it the 2nd position?...the neck and middle pup...whatever people call that...I'm a strat newbie!).

Crappy phone picture doesn't do it justice. It's got quite a nice finish. I'll take some better picks in daylight tomorrow.

nSH3QMUnSf5ePhMd_LKGNHcfMel4k7OX6OY6Iyvx1Fbcdlkvw5qpQroZ5DilbrHghG2l_exFbEifpduvaZ5FkDCdZ6_doPv8mtE_ncKsypSrTHGDOxhg2ZXk6K1G3gsTBvqRgRuAXSUeCPNOuGqlVoYodvQFPfDDV7iluEiTzQ72Tw0wtTF-U9SZXb-VcSPLhwKDCmrHIJb1u1jTiut5M3F-UthulH0cqZkTIt5zh-3DxyVkC0YmV-5rLIhwz9tWk5W7UTb_b5HkOV20NxeOD6C3AXQJyD-0_gz0dEbfNw8_9PXcpRcjDtZ5tWlkic2Ou7RiCTb900dIKUFpPH-fG1dON9FfNFmMuZvdBCp5diq2AJr_C5ZmDkcHBhdRyH6teez_qxIINXMVp3mdnDjVovE6syeMIkK8vNtuUdDBhuU6zfa1BOzEgyHsq4VoUA8tmE1uVXTM_RpSD1X_UrRmpEvFmQ2pcaySmwCweOBjH-UGr9yxi9yHEb-ZuZsA25dSfXzWOJ5nxzdTgDarlhYluL8DvGpt8eEnzvUEKpL2orj0P-Egix4MvZzDTBw2uQgZnECO_ODAC-5MkH8Z2bLu1cJCd-gk1TuLouIrAHOy=w727-h968-no

BWNadeau

Tele-Afflicted
I had a Tribute s-500 that I I’d have never gotten rid of - traded it plus some cash on a US Legacy, and I honestly preferred the Tribute...bigger neck, better pickups.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
I've seen that Tribute Strat on MF's website, and it looks really tempting. That rosewood looking finish with the tort PG and black knobs and PU covers looks slick. I'm glad I didn't see it was the SDOTD 'cause I might have succumbed, and the last thing I need is another Strat, since I already have nine (three Squiers, three Mexican Fenders, two Japanese Fernandes, and one American Fender).

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Congratulations! I got my first Strat 40 years ago before they technically had a 2 or 4 position. It had ‘em and you’d hear em when you were switching from 1 to 2 to 3 but the switch wouldn’t stop there on it’s own. So everyone was taking the springs out of their switches, finding stuff to wedge in there to hold it in place. Then they came out with the 5-way switch and everyone retrofitted. I’ve always played the 2, 4, and 5 but when I was a kid it was mostly the two and now it’s mostly the four and five (you have it right - neck/middle is 4). I’ve been without strats for short periods but I always come back to them. There’s just nothing funkier or more versatile.

Glad you like it - ENJOY!!!

-Ray

markal

Tele-Afflicted
Congratulations! I got my first Strat 40 years ago before they technically had a 2 or 4 position. It had ‘em and you’d hear em when you were switching from 1 to 2 to 3 but the switch wouldn’t stop there on it’s own. So everyone was taking the springs out of their switches, finding stuff to wedge in there to hold it in place. Then they came out with the 5-way switch and everyone retrofitted. I’ve always played the 2, 4, and 5 but when I was a kid it was mostly the two and now it’s mostly the four and five (you have it right - neck/middle is 4). I’ve been without strats for short periods but I always come back to them. There’s just nothing funkier or more versatile.

Glad you like it - ENJOY!!!

-Ray

Thanks. It was your post and a few others in my thread about picking a strat vs a Nashville Deluxe tele that led me to decide on a strat. And I’m happy I did.

markal

Tele-Afflicted
Here’s a slightly better pic of mine, along with my Blues Cube Artist. It sounds glorious with the Blues Cube!
IMG_4662.JPG