NGD For My Grandson

Tone Quest

Tele-Holic
My 18 year old grandson had told me he was going to buy himself an acoustic guitar for his birthday. He plays piano and clarinet currently. He had the day off from work today, so we went to GC to "look". I told him to sit down as I pulled various guitars off the wall to let him get an idea of what might be the most comfortable body type. He liked the OM/000 style the best. After checking those out, he chose a Washburn OM style as his favorite, but said he would have to save more money. To his complete surprise I just said "Happy Birthday. It's yours." Prior to going to GC, my wife and I had discussed buying him his first guitar. I have never seen him smile so much. It was a great day for Grandpa and Grandson!
20220416_153654.jpg

Telefsantasia1

Tele-Meister
My 18 year old grandson had told me he was going to buy himself an acoustic guitar for his birthday. He plays piano and clarinet currently. He had the day off from work today, so we went to GC to "look". I told him to sit down as I pulled various guitars off the wall to let him get an idea of what might be the most comfortable body type. He liked the OM/000 style the best. After checking those out, he chose a Washburn OM style as his favorite, but said he would have to save more money. To his complete surprise I just said "Happy Birthday. It's yours." Prior to going to GC, my wife and I had discussed buying him his first guitar. I have never seen him smile so much. It was a great day for Grandpa and Grandson! View attachment 974466
congratulations!

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
My 18 year old grandson had told me he was going to buy himself an acoustic guitar for his birthday. He plays piano and clarinet currently. He had the day off from work today, so we went to GC to "look". I told him to sit down as I pulled various guitars off the wall to let him get an idea of what might be the most comfortable body type. He liked the OM/000 style the best. After checking those out, he chose a Washburn OM style as his favorite, but said he would have to save more money. To his complete surprise I just said "Happy Birthday. It's yours." Prior to going to GC, my wife and I had discussed buying him his first guitar. I have never seen him smile so much. It was a great day for Grandpa and Grandson! View attachment 974466
He played you like a fiddle;). You’re a good grandpa:)

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Those Washburns sound better than they ought to for the price. Not sure how they manage scalloped bracing in that price range.
I got a the Heritage series D10S last year as a 30-year gift at work and it has really opened up in a year's time. He should be very happy with it.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Man that's a heck of a nice first guitar!!! Happy B day to him, and kudos to you for being awesome! He will cherish it the rest of his life, no doubt, and I hope he wears that thing out just like I did my 1st guitar. Played that thing hard for over 30+ years, retired it just a few years ago... which she well earned ;)

Tone Quest

Tele-Holic
A big thank you to all who responded. I don't get much one on one time with my 18, soon to be 19, year old grandson due to his busy schedule. You know, work, girlfriend, friends etc. But that day was very special.