NGD... First Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bearclaw, Jul 19, 2019.

1. bearclaw

bearclaw TDPRI Member

I just received my first Tele today! I got a new player series in Capri orange. One of my favorite colors. I looked for it in the past, but it was too rare. I know it’s a color not everyone will love. I think it would look better with a rosewood fretboard. But the maple still looks nice. So far I’m liking the tones I’m getting. I need to spend more time with it. It also needs a set up. Strings are little buzzy on the frets and the intonation is a little off. I’ve thought about getting a vintage 3 barrel bridge. Mostly for looks, but some say it makes a tonal difference. I’ll just play the bridge it has for now. Looking forward to the weekend with it!
    9694A8E5-2577-4809-A6FB-76131C5CDC5D.jpeg 8F9147B6-565E-4479-AFDE-67F7F9CFF7A4.jpeg A16BA797-689C-442B-8E91-AE48739998FE.jpeg

2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

Looks great! I've never seen that color before. Can't say I like it...can't say I don't. I used to dislike fiesta red but it's one of my favorites now. Maybe someday I'll have an orange one.

3. Jake Nelson

Jake Nelson Tele-Meister

I’m liking the color. Enjoy

Straydogger and FenderGuy53 like this.
  4. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Holic

HNGD! I’ve never seen an orange one either. I like it.

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  5. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

I like the color too. It looks like a Creamsicle. :cool:

6. Kontaktmoi

Kontaktmoi Tele-Meister

Love the color...

2002.JPG 2003.JPG 2004.JPG

7. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

I'm suddenly craving a butterscotch pudding cup...

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  8. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Looks great! Fantastic color. Congrats on that nice guitar.

If it were mine, I'd be thrilled to have that bridge on it. It's an excellent bridge; works great & looks great!

I like the modern bridges, and have a couple of Teles which use the vintage bridge, which is ok too - just not my favorite.

Is it not a string-through body?

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  9. bearclaw

bearclaw TDPRI Member

Thanks! I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

I know the modern bridges intonate better. I just like the look of the vintage bridges. Not the best reason to make a change. I’ll play it as is for quite a while. We’ll see if I even change it.

Mine is a string-through body. The orange Squire posted later must not be. Another nice looking guitar.

DHart likes this.
  10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Neat!

11. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nice, got me wanting some orange sherbet to cool down. Roasting in Raleigh NC

12. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

If (almost) nobody likes it, then I like it!

I rarely like what everybody else likes. Some like the stratocaster because it is so ergonomical. I like the shape, but it's just too ergonomical to play... It's like playing a snake that keeps slipping away, so I don't like strats. I don't think they're bad, they just don't fit me.

Some like BSB or Vintage Blonde teles because it makes them look "vintage". I like a good British Racing Green (not that common in tele-land) or another funcky colour, and you like this lovely orange! Congratulations!

Question: it's rather hard to see on the pictures, but how different is the Squier Orange colour compared to the Fender shade? More Red, darker, paler, ...

13. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

Love the color. I have a Duosonic in the same color (but had to buy a white gaurd because I wasn't feeling mint on orange.) But now that I know this exists, I need a tele that matches my duosonic...

My tele has that kind of bridge, and it's ok, but 3 barrel does look nicer and make a tonal difference. I've held off all these years because mines always been setup fine, so I didn't have an immediate need to change it. Also, I'd planned on pickup changes, and didn't know if I'd need a not-brass barrel on the thickest strings' saddle to adjust brightness. It does affect sound, but you can live a full and complete life with a 6 saddle tele bridge. I've heard its hard to once you're used to the old style though....

That's a great looking tele. Fender needs to keep making them, as I'm still mad about how hard orange Toronados were to find.......

14. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Congrats! Good for you being adventurous with the color. The world has too many BSB, sunburst and black Telecasters in it, variety is the spice of life.

And not that my opinion really means squat, but I say keep the bridge that came with it. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

nicod98 likes this.
  15. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's

Congrats love the colour.

16. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

I like the color and youre right, it would/does really pop with a rosewood neck.

DHart likes this.
  17. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister

That is beautiful, the maple fingerboard and the body color are complementary. It's really appealing with the white pickguard.

I'm slowly learning the wisdom of the elders around here - resist the urge to "fix" that nice guitar until you've played it a LONG time and explored every setting, every adjustment, every amp setting, every room in your house, every planet... it probably already has exactly what you want, you just have to find it.

Also that pickup adjustment is really important, tiny adjustments make huge differences. Two years later I'm still finding new things my Tele can do.

I want your guitar...

bearclaw likes this.
  18. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Cool. Nice to get a distinctive colour.

bearclaw and 4pickupguy like this.
  19. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice! This is one of the new colors for the Player Series, and I have to say that I like it.

With regard to guitar finishes, I tend to lean toward the conservative side, favoring the more "traditional" blonde and 'burst finishes...

...but I gotta say, this Tele looks killer! :)

bearclaw likes this.
  20. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

I purchased the Artic White Players and modded the bridge to a 3 barrel brass, Fender locking tuners and mint green pg. Looks aces.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.