NGD first Gibson - 1965 ES 125T

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
That ES-125T is one of the greats. My buddy bought a '61 ES-125T a couple years ago. We were trying out all kinds of old guitars in this hip shop. The ES had such a sound. I convinced him to not hesitate, just grab it. He did, and can't live without that guitar.

RhythmFender

Tele-Meister
That ES-125T is one of the greats. My buddy bought a '61 ES-125T a couple years ago. We were trying out all kinds of old guitars in this hip shop. The ES had such a sound. I convinced him to not hesitate, just grab it. He did, and can't live without that guitar.
It’s such a great guitar/ I’m really happy I snatched it up.

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
Cool guitar! I had an ES 125 years ago that a buddy sold me for very little. I stupidly sold it in the late 1990s when I thought I'd never play electric or steel string guitars again. I have a Grote now that's modeled after the ES 125T. Decent enough guitar, but it's no Gibson.
I had a (full size) 1953 ES-125 that I bought for $125 in 1980. Later traded it in on a 1961 Les Paul/SG. Ran across an old photo of me playing the 125 a few years ago and starting jonesing for another one. I bought a Grote last February, and yes, it's no Gibson. But it sure does scratch that itch, it gets more playing time than any of my other guitars.

Congrats from across the river, @RhythmFender !