1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: Fiesta Red Classic 50's Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by TwangerWannabe, Oct 2, 2020.

1. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

I've always been a huge fan of the Classic 50's Teles and have owned a few over the years. My current Partscaster Tele has a Classic 50's neck on it, and it's my favorite Tele neck.

Picked up this really nice 2011 Classic Series Strat the other day. Guitar is 100% original and stock and has never been messed with. Never been much of a Strat guy, but for $400 I'd be a moron to not buy it.

Strings are old as heck, but I still sounds great. Unlike the Classic Series 50's Teles, the pickups on this guitar don't sound horrible. The guitar is in desperate need of a set up and the strings are really old.

I've been told the Fiesta Red is a somewhat rare color in this series. Red has never been my favorite color for a guitar, but this one is growing on me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

That’s a nice looking guitar. You’re right on the money about it needing a set up, even just looking at the pic’s you can see the strings are as high as a giraffe’s ass.
    Looks to need a deep clean and polish too.
    I’ll bet once you go through it real good you’ll be glad you didn’t pass it up.
    Great catch, enjoy.

3. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Nice find enjoy.

4. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Looks great. Enjoy!

5. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

$400 ? Wow, you got a deal. Congrats. Please update us after you get her set up.

6. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

Actually, the action was not bad. Sometimes the camera angle can be misleading and make it look like the action is higher than it is. The high E was the only string that was really high, but after I set the guitar up I actually had to raise the other strings.

It needed a little less relief (dialed it in to 0.010") and I floated the tremolo, threw on some fresh strings and dialed it in to where I like it and then fine-tuned the intonation (6/64" on the low E, 4.5-5/64" on the high E). I play a lot of country, bend a lot and play pedal steel licks, etc. and low action just sucks and sucks the life out of guitars. Nut slots are all fine. As far as a clean and polish it's actually really clean and in great shape. Remember it's nearly 10 years old, it's not a brand new guitar. Frets are smooth with no fret wear or grime/tarnish and overall the guitar is in great shape. The strings were nasty, and that was about it.

If that guitar looks dirty to you (aside form the strings) I think this is why I stopped selling guitars online on Reverb! So many people out there with ridiculously unreasonable expectations and would flip out if there was an eyelash on the guitar and would cry that the eyelash wasn't included in the description and demand a refund, etc.! I though this guitar is pretty stunning and in pretty amazing shape and super clean.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    FenderLover, MickM and Greggorios like this.
  7. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Nice. Congratulations.

TwangerWannabe likes this.
  8. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Nothing wrong with a red guitar. Once it’s cleaned / set up it should be class.

9. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Tele-Holic

Congrats, she looks just fine to me. Enjoy it.

10. glenlivet

glenlivet Tele-Afflicted

Maple neck = nice.
    I don't mind red at all.....like you said, for $400, how can you not snatch it up?
    Good find!

11. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Love Fiesta Red! That’s an awesome series from Fender too. Soft V neck? I had one in daphne blue. Very sweet do enjoy your find!

Greggorios likes this.
  12. TheOtherNeill

TheOtherNeill Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

That's a great find, especially for the money. The fiesta red and maple neck are great together, too.

Greggorios likes this.
  13. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Congrats, and enjoy!

14. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Like the Fiesta Red because it has that Orange tint and reminds me of my buddy's 71' Mustang convertible.

Greggorios likes this.
  15. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Looks lovely.

I’ve found with Strats that the quality of the hardware is key to a robust playing experience especially the floating trem. not important if you lock it.

Greggorios likes this.
  16. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

Gorgeous!

(of course, I love Fiesta Red Stratocasters...and Fiesta Red Telecasters...and...ok, I love the fiesta red color!)

Greggorios likes this.
  17. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Looks great!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.