NGD: Fender Offset Guitar - I Finally Got One

Whitebeard

Tele-Meister
I've been looking for a nice one of these for a while now and I finally got one. For me nothing beats the comfort of a Jazzmaster body, I love the offset. Being in Oz, by the time I would have bought all the parts from Warmoth got 'em shipped to Oz, spent the time to put them together and finish (cause we all know they don't just bolt together). I couldn't have done it for the price I bought this. These guitars are finished really nicely, so I let Fender Japan build my partscaster.
Now I know its nice to build your own guitar choosing your own pickups, bridges, tuners etc. and I did buy this as a modding platform. But for me buying this, replacing the bridge, and setting it up as 3 pickup 5 way Nashville (cause they've got the neck humbucker and center pickup route below the pickguard same as my Am pro), made economic sense.
View attachment 995118 View attachment 995120 Anyway here's a couple of photos.
Looks good to me. Congrats!

JJStrummrr

TDPRI Member
I've been looking for a nice one of these for a while now and I finally got one. For me nothing beats the comfort of a Jazzmaster body, I love the offset. Being in Oz, by the time I would have bought all the parts from Warmoth got 'em shipped to Oz, spent the time to put them together and finish (cause we all know they don't just bolt together). I couldn't have done it for the price I bought this. These guitars are finished really nicely, so I let Fender Japan build my partscaster.
Now I know its nice to build your own guitar choosing your own pickups, bridges, tuners etc. and I did buy this as a modding platform. But for me buying this, replacing the bridge, and setting it up as 3 pickup 5 way Nashville (cause they've got the neck humbucker and center pickup route below the pickguard same as my Am pro), made economic sense.
Lots of room for a Bigsby on that body!!

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
Nice. I have been thinking of getting. that Squier shell pink offset on sweet water for 399.00 for the last couple of months.

Brian Krashpad

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats! I just have a regular ol' butterscotch blackguard (see default pic) in the usual shape. I picked up a doublebuckered pawnshop prize (Squier) Jagmaster for peanuts, to finally scratch my offset itch.
Jagmaster big rig Marshall Reverb 75 combo + 1510 cab.jpg

Giuseppenola

TDPRI Member
How’s the weight?

TheMicster

Tele-Meister
I have to agree with your impressions of your guitar. I was looking at getting one of the Squier offset Teles to have a Tele with a difference when I discovered these Japanese ones some time back. I bought the Daphne Blue version because my preference is rosewood fretboards. I've used traditional Teles as my main guitars for more than 30 years, but this one instantly became my "number 1" because of how comfortable the body feels! I actually bought some Texas Specials to fit to it even before the guitar had arrived, but ultimately left the original pickups in it. I A/B'ed it against another Tele I have with the Texas Specials and found that although they were different I couldn't honestly say that one was better than the other, so I left them alone. The only mods I've done to mine have been very minor: Graphtek compensated saddles and Fender strap-lock buttons. I just absolutely love this thing :)
Hey mate, great minds think alike.
still waiting for more bits to arrive.
20220723_101021.jpg

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
At my post office, a guitar box is called out like the arrival of Norm on "Cheers". Everyone recognizes the box and immediately set it in the Postmaster's office where the climate is controlled better.

Probably helps that there are 5 of us in a 17 person office that play with 2 performing weekly gigs on top of that. We pay attention.
Every single company/ organisation says they 'go the extra mile' - words that have ceased to have much meaning because they get tacked on to every 'mission statement ' with no thought of ever exhibiting that behaviour. It's awesome that you guys are actually embodying it.