NGD: Fender Offset Guitar - I Finally Got One

TheMicster

Tele-Meister
I've been looking for a nice one of these for a while now and I finally got one. For me nothing beats the comfort of a Jazzmaster body, I love the offset. Being in Oz, by the time I would have bought all the parts from Warmoth got 'em shipped to Oz, spent the time to put them together and finish (cause we all know they don't just bolt together). I couldn't have done it for the price I bought this. These guitars are finished really nicely, so I let Fender Japan build my partscaster.
Now I know its nice to build your own guitar choosing your own pickups, bridges, tuners etc. and I did buy this as a modding platform. But for me buying this, replacing the bridge, and setting it up as 3 pickup 5 way Nashville (cause they've got the neck humbucker and center pickup route below the pickguard same as my Am pro), made economic sense.
20220618_085153.jpg
20220618_085746.jpg
Anyway here's a couple of photos.

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
I've been looking for a nice one of these for a while now and i finally got one. For me nothing beats the comfort of a Jazzmaster body i love the offset. Being in Oz, by the time i would have bought all the parts from Warmoth got em shipped to Oz, spent the time to put them together and finish (cause we all know they don't just bolt together) I couldn't have done it for the price i bought this. These guitars are finished really nicely, so i let Fender Japan build my partscaster.
Now i know its nice to build your own guitar choosing your own pickups, bridges, tuners etc. and i did buy this as a modding platform. But for me buying this, replacing the bridge, and setting it up as 3 pickup 5 way Nashville (cause they've got the neck humbucker and center pickup rout below the pickguard same as my Am pro), made economic sense.
View attachment 995118 View attachment 995120 Anyway here's a couple of photos.
Oh yes, please, when you take it apart, please take lots of pictures of the innards, under the pickguard,. control plate, pots, caps, pickup bottoms, neck heel, neck pocket....

We don't see many late model MIJ Fenders in the USA but they always catch my eye.

Beautiful guitar, love the color. That's ash?

TheMicster

Tele-Meister
Oh yes, please, when you take it apart, please take lots of pictures of the innards, under the pickguard,. control plate, pots, caps, pickup bottoms, neck heel, neck pocket....

We don't see many late model MIJ Fenders in the USA but they always catch my eye.

Beautiful guitar, love the color. That's ash?

Will do, and yes Ash body. My understanding is the Butterscotch blonde and the Fiesta red got the solid Maple neck with the Ash body and the Olympic white and Daphne blue got a Rosewood fretboard with Alder body.
I chose the Butterscotch because i may want to refinish the guitar body in a clear finish green stain (still unsure) so i wanted to see the grain pattern and also ensure that any joins were aesthetically pleasing.

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister
That's a nice looking piece of wood!
Just BTW, that box looks like its in pretty good shape.
My fear of mail is that something heavy is going to end up on top of something fragile 😢

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That's a nice looking piece of wood!
Just BTW, that box looks like its in pretty good shape.
My fear of mail is that something heavy is going to end up on top of something fragile 😢
At my post office, a guitar box is called out like the arrival of Norm on "Cheers". Everyone recognizes the box and immediately set it in the Postmaster's office where the climate is controlled better.

Probably helps that there are 5 of us in a 17 person office that play with 2 performing weekly gigs on top of that. We pay attention.