NGD - Fender Custom Shop Dale Wilson 52’ Smoked Tele

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by BALIstic, Feb 10, 2018.

1. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Please explain Dale Wilson and the coin thing ?

2. CJM3309

CJM3309 Tele-Meister

Dale Watson??

BALIstic likes this.
  3. Larry K. Williams

Larry K. Williams Tele-Meister

Now, THAT is how to lift your spirits!!!!!

So sorry for the family situation. But huge congrats on the guitar addition!

BALIstic likes this.
  4. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Came here for the great NGD. Love them bigsbys. Enjoy.
    Went thru the big D ten years back.
    Get some good legal advice, look after yourself.
    S

BALIstic likes this.
  5. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dude, I’m sorry for what you’re going through, I’ve been there as well. I too bought a new guitar and eventually I rediscovered the things that made me happy that I was forced to give up. I like to tell people I traded my wife for a guitar. A guitar will never leave you or make you sleep in the wet spot. After my second wife cheated on me, I got a tattoo of a bass clef on my ring finger. Music has always been my first and truest love. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s not easy, but it does get better.

BALIstic likes this.
  6. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Look at it like this, most of us have been through it, and we had to do it without a $5400 guitar to ease our pain.
    Insist on time with your kids, when they get older they will remember how much effort you put into seeing them.
    Just an old dudes advice,

BALIstic likes this.
  7. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I will take this advice to my heart!

Im so sorry, thanka for sharing the details. I cant imagine what id do if that happened to me. My parents almost separated, but fortunately they’re okay. so i understand what your kids are going through. Really tough times. I really went through denial, hate and acceptance in the end, if I can return back the favor, id say always ask how the kids are doing, I took it to myself during that time and it was hard for me and I have nobody to talk to. So yeah. Let them air out everything. :)

And okay, I will call them and tell then you sent me. I just need to make a way to get that strat! Haha. Im here in Melbourne so hopefully shipping wont kill me and the guitar will be safe in the hands of aupost. Lol

BALIstic likes this.
  8. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Dale Watson playing a beautiful Sunday afternoon chicken **** bingo gig in Austin texas

IMG_4159 2.jpg

brookdalebill and BALIstic like this.
  9. coldengray

coldengray Tele-Meister

Very sorry to hear about your situation, I hope it works out. The guitar is beautiful, I saved the pictures for future build inspiration.

In tough times the one thing that keeps me going is music. Keep playing my man.

BALIstic likes this.
  10. Falconbill

Falconbill Tele-Meister

I'm digging that Tele. Very nice model. :)

BALIstic likes this.
  11. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Good luck, divorce sucks...been there, lost the house had to sell guitars.....but there is life after. Thats a nice Tele, I'd post on his Instagram and see if you can get to him that way if Fender can't help you, failing that I can probably help you with email contact ;)

BALIstic likes this.
  12. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Many Thanks. I’ve emailed Fender Customer Service, they’ve always been so helpful in the past. If not I’ll be in contact for mr Wilson’s email address.

Regards

Masterbuilt likes this.
  13. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

I've been screwed over by a wife,but never by a Tele.
    Rock on.

BALIstic likes this.
  14. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Afflicted

People say roasted maple smells like pancakes and maple syrup. I was hoping the smoked tele would add a side of bacon!

Been gassin' for a Bigsby tele, this is not helping!

BALIstic likes this.
  15. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

It smells sweet. I had many years ago a CIJ 52’ Tele with a Bigsby that came stock with FCS Texas Special pick ups, that I purchased from Ishabashi. It was a fantastic guitar and I always regretted selling it.

THIS IS BETTER !

16. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

So I now know that this run of guitars / inc my guitar are fairly special because...
    1. It is a Master Built guitar by Dale Wilson, apparently the busiest of the FCS MB’s with the biggest back log of orders, atm. Or is he just the slowest.......
    2. Dale Wilson built / debuted this guitar at winter NAMM, 2011, and it is said that this build earned him his place as a Master Builder (so Fender’s blurb says).
    3. It also just happens to have been built in, 2011, the 60th Anniversary of our beloved Telecaster’s.

“Telebration time, c’mon. It’s a Telebration”.........

Here’s the vid. You’ll see it come into frame at about 49 seconds, as the camera pans to the left side of the booth, mid top row.

.......I found it exiting !

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  17. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Bumpa-Roo.............

The guy’s at W.A.’s coolest guitar boutique, The Rock Inn, forwarded me this very cool email,today, from the owner of the Tele that inspired the FCS MB, Dale Wilson 52’ Tele I recently purchased. I didn’t know it was based on a real guitar. I thought they just did that with guitars owned by the likes of Clapton, SRV & Dave Gilmour to name a but a few.

I have removed the persons surname and amended his email address and Phone number (see what I did there.....️. I watch too much tv) as I don’t know that he would necessarily want me putting those details on this board.

I think Im going to email him and ask a few questions. It would be cool to know how long he’s had it, if he still has it, I assume he had that bigsby added ?

Oh, and I also emailed the Fender Custom Shop and they sent me back an email telling me that my guitar was one of eleven that were made in total in 2011, in keeping with the whole 60th Anniversary of the Tele, “Telebration” thing Fender did in 2011. They also kindly sent me a copy of the shop traveller which was the only bit of case candy missing from the case.

I thought this was pretty cool !

BALIstic

Subject: Pictures of my 52 Tele
    Date: 18 September 2017 at 2:00:35 pm AWST
    To: shop@therockinn.com

Here are a few pictures of my 52 Tele that was used to design your masterbuilt. Might not help yours sell, but mine is featured in the book "Blackguard." There are also many pictures featuring my 52 on Nacho Banos web site. Nacho put together the book Blackguard.

Good luck,

Jeff S
    s Enterprises

Senterprises@gmail.com
    555-377-0075

IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG

Random1643 likes this.
  18. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

I never did upload pics......Doh !

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG

Random1643 and teletimetx like this.
  19. BALIstic

BALIstic TDPRI Member

Lordy, Lordy, what a stunner......Doh, it’s mine.

Still loving this guitar but the neck is friggin HUGE. Probably should change the strings. Farkin bigsby's.

Did I mention it's one of only eleven made by Mr Wison in 2011, and apparently only one of four to have gone offshore. Two went to Europe and one to Japan.

So I now know that this run of guitars / inc my guitar are fairly special because..
    1. It is a Master Built guitar by Dale Wilson, apparently he's one of the busiest of the FCS MB’s with the biggest back log of orders, atm. Or is he just the slowest.......
    2. Dale Wilson built / debuted this guitar at winter NAMM, 2011, and it is said that this build earned him his place as a FCS Master Builder.
    3. It also just happens to have been built in, 2011, the 60th Anniversary of our beloved Telecaster’s. “Telebration time, c’mon. It’s a Telebration"

BUMP

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  20. Pips

Pips Tele-Holic

Still love me a Bigsby loaded tele. My rebel relic is in the shop getting a new pup droped in. Rebel Relic said they would not build me a Mantra.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    BALIstic and Random1643 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.