birdawesome

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Hi all! NGD here I'm happy to share with you.

It's a Vintage Custom 1957 Stratocaster in white blonde NOS finish.

1 piece ash body
Rift sawn maple neck
7.25"-9.5" compound radius
Soft V
Hand wound '57 pickups
NOS flash coat finish w/ closet classic gold hardware
7.14 lbs

Super happy with this guitar, although the listing said it was 6.7 lbs initially. I was a little disappointed that this number wasn't true, but this is still a light guitar, so I'm by no means fretting over it. Plus, it weighs within .01 lbs of my CS tele from the same series, so in a way, it's really nice picking up either guitar and them both feeling exactly the same in terms of weight and balance.

Anyways, that is all!

IMG_5138.JPG
IMG_5139.JPG
IMG_5140.JPG
IMG_5141.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

1 piece ash body
Rift sawn maple neck
Soft V
Hand wound '57 pickups
7.14 lbs

Super happy with this guitar, although the listing said it was 6.7 lbs initially. I was a little disappointed that this number wasn't true, but this is still a light guitar, so I'm by no means fretting over it. Plus, it weighs within .01 lbs of my CS tele from the same series, so in a way, it's really nice picking up either guitar and them both feeling exactly the same in terms of weight and balance.

Anyways, that is all!

View attachment 1048279 View attachment 1048280 View attachment 1048281 View attachment 1048282 View attachment 1048283
These might be the best deal out there - for Strats and Teles. Nice score! I'm yet to see one.

birdawesome

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
These might be the best deal out there - for Strats and Teles. Nice score! I'm yet to see one.
Thank you! And yes, I tend to agree. I love a vintage radius for comfort, but a little bit of a flatter radius up the neck is nice. To have a compound neck of these radii is the best I could ask for. Plus, I like these NOS finishes. I like the look and feel of a relic, but I'd rather go NOS, personally. I think they may have discontinued this line though (or at least they're doing a refresh) because I've been seeing listings for them disappear from Sweetwater and the like. The last few I've seen pop up on Reverb looked like previously filled backorders, so I was happy to snag one. Very happy with my strat/tele combo.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Thank you! And yes, I tend to agree. I love a vintage radius for comfort, but a little bit of a flatter radius up the neck is nice. To have a compound neck of these radii is the best I could ask for. Plus, I like these NOS finishes. I like the look and feel of a relic, but I'd rather go NOS, personally. I think they may have discontinued this line though (or at least they're doing a refresh) because I've been seeing listings for them disappear from Sweetwater and the like. The last few I've seen pop up on Reverb looked like previously filled backorders, so I was happy to snag one. Very happy with my strat/tele combo.
There's one, a 57 Strat in three colour burst (or is it two colour??), two piece alder body, otherwise same dimensions and hardware as what is on yours - however, it's a bit of a drive. I was more interested in checking one out. Not in the market for one as I have 2011 CS Strat. Agree with you about the necks and the NOS treatment. Much preferred to the look as opposed to the look (and feel) as if it's been left outside in the rain for fifty years. Happy picking!

telemystix

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter

1 piece ash body
Rift sawn maple neck
Soft V
Hand wound '57 pickups
7.14 lbs

Anyways, that is all!

View attachment 1048279 View attachment 1048280 View attachment 1048281 View attachment 1048282 View attachment 1048283
Ash, maple, lightweight, the most correct color combo, vintage gold hardware - etc...

whats NOT to love!

That is a proper strat my friend!

naneek

Tele-Holic
Nice, the gold hardware should really get you that Hank Marvin tone.
just kidding.

Sweet guitar. Enjoy, and I hope you play some surf licks on it.

Blackmore Fan

Friend of Leo's

1 piece ash body
Rift sawn maple neck
Soft V
Hand wound '57 pickups
7.14 lbs

Anyways, that is all!

What a beautiful Strat!

Love For Teles

Tele-Meister
That color with the golden hardware is potentially the best looking strat out there in my opinion. Tops my texas tea ultra even to my eyes!

And that 7.25 to 9.5 radius is perfect too! Now THIS is a guitar that makes me truly jealous