NGD! Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green!

MattAndTheMachine

TDPRI Member
After looking at your great photos again, I´m curious ... it seems like the green is really changing a lot depending on the lighting and the background. Is it really like this in the flesh? The surf green ones I have seen so far were more "flat" looking and didn´t have this kind of "depth". Perhaps this is due to the partially worn nitro finish?
Anyway, awesome guitar!

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Well, first of all, I was not totally expecting this guitar to be as nice as it is.

I dont even like one-piece maple neck Fenders. I’m a rosewood kinda guy, but dang, the profile on this neck is amazing.

Okay, so this is a 2011 Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green i got in a trade. Its in players condition, but it looks like light relic model. Its real play wear from a gentleman who gigs this guitar and is a staple in his rotation. But its weird in a way that the neck is pristine. Lol. I thought this is a scame because it’s a long distance trade but it turns out to be legit.

Case reeks of cigarette smell. And nitro smells funky. Lol

Anyway, I cleaned it up as it was filthy as, and put 11-52’s, then set it up. here’s the photos for those who likes visual stimulation.

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Gorgeous guitar. Im a rosewood guy too, but that tinted maple is perfect.

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
After looking at your great photos again, I´m curious ... it seems like the green is really changing a lot depending on the lighting and the background. Is it really like this in the flesh? The surf green ones I have seen so far were more "flat" looking and didn´t have this kind of "depth". Perhaps this is due to the partially worn nitro finish?
Anyway, awesome guitar!

Hi sir! Yes it kinda changes a bit depending on the background.

I do agree about that “flat” looking look with these colors. I had a Daphne Blue tele that is like that. That the color just seem to stop at the surface. Unlike, some colors that look deeper, lets say a Candy Apple Red one.

Here’s a few more photos I took, it still is a bit different everytime. I corrected the white balance and colors to make it look like what I really see in reality.

MattAndTheMachine

TDPRI Member
Hi sir! Yes it kinda changes a bit depending on the background.

I do agree about that “flat” looking look with these colors. I had a Daphne Blue tele that is like that. That the color just seem to stop at the surface. Unlike, some colors that look deeper, lets say a Candy Apple Red one.

Here’s a few more photos I took, it still is a bit different everytime. I corrected the white balance and colors to make it look like what I really see in reality. [...]
Now that´s tasty ... 🤩

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Well, first of all, I was not totally expecting this guitar to be as nice as it is.

I dont even like one-piece maple neck Fenders. I’m a rosewood kinda guy, but dang, the profile on this neck is amazing.

Okay, so this is a 2011 Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green i got in a trade. Its in players condition, but it looks like light relic model. Its real play wear from a gentleman who gigs this guitar and is a staple in his rotation. But its weird in a way that the neck is pristine. Lol. I thought this is a scame because it’s a long distance trade but it turns out to be legit.

Case reeks of cigarette smell. And nitro smells funky. Lol

Anyway, I cleaned it up as it was filthy as, and put 11-52’s, then set it up. here’s the photos for those who likes visual stimulation.

Looks great! You deserve it.

micadoo

TDPRI Member
wow, that is one sweet looking Strat! Congratulations. Once that white pickguard gets a little wear on it, lookout. That green is killer.

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
wow, that is one sweet looking Strat! Congratulations. Once that white pickguard gets a little wear on it, lookout. That green is killer.

I actually havent seen a worn surf green with worn pickguard/pickup covers! You’re probably 3rd or 4th person who told me that. They were in strat-talk.

It must look nice?

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
You gotta be kidding me, right?! Well done, that is one heck of a deal :cool:

No sir. I also couldnt believe it as well.

Besides the fact that both guitars have to be shipped because its a long distance trade. I got him to ship first because I’m too skeptical, and I also told him about the value of his guitar.

to “even” things Out, i have to pay for shipping for both guitars. My 295 actually just arrived in his home after 7 day shipping. He’s very happy and loves it. So this 57 is now officially mine.