NGD! Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green!

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, first of all, I was not totally expecting this guitar to be as nice as it is.

I dont even like one-piece maple neck Fenders. I’m a rosewood kinda guy, but dang, the profile on this neck is amazing.

Okay, so this is a 2011 Fender ‘57 AVRI in Surf Green i got in a trade. Its in players condition, but it looks like light relic model. Its real play wear from a gentleman who gigs this guitar and is a staple in his rotation. But its weird in a way that the neck is pristine. Lol. I thought this is a scame because it’s a long distance trade but it turns out to be legit.

Case reeks of cigarette smell. And nitro smells funky. Lol

Anyway, I cleaned it up as it was filthy as, and put 11-52’s, then set it up. here’s the photos for those who likes visual stimulation.

Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Fantastic man!!! I have a 2001 AVRI and what you say is true about the neck, they are magical in this regard. It's one of the few guitars that I've vowed to myself to never sell ;) Looks great man! Enjoy!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
LOL!!! Right on man! Amazingly, there was another thread about these wonderful profiles just the other day. Here it is! Enjoy ;)

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
LOL!!! Right on man! Amazingly, there was another thread about these wonderful profiles just the other day. Here it is! Enjoy ;)

Looks like the hype is true! I cant say a bad thing about this neck!

Seriously. I REALLY HATE one piece maple necks, but I am in love with this 57 neck

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Looks like the hype is true! I cant say a bad thing about this neck!

Seriously. I REALLY HATE one piece maple necks, but I am in love with this 57 neck

Ha!!! Well, there's always room for reevaluation ;) I actually bought my 57 AVRI via the web, based on reviews alone, so it wasn't until I actually had it in my hands when I said to myself the same thing you're saying, and what the OP in the other thread says LOL!!! Fender really got it right with this neck, that's for sure.

dreamingtele

Poster Extraordinaire
Ha!!! Well, there's always room for reevaluation ;) I actually bought my 57 AVRI via the web, based on reviews alone, so it wasn't until I actually had it in my hands when I said to myself the same thing you're saying, and what the OP in the other thread says LOL!!! Fender really got it right with this neck, that's for sure.

Ive never felt so affirmed my brother. Hahahahahaha. Holy cow we need to buy more of these 57’s. Hahaha