NGD Esquire

Rbert0005

Tele-Meister
I just had to do it 🙂

What do you guys make of this serial number?

Attachments

• 6B0C19E0-515B-40A2-9F35-BBB442925600.jpeg
    6B0C19E0-515B-40A2-9F35-BBB442925600.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 70098D6E-0234-4985-8542-DF7038B27525.jpeg
    70098D6E-0234-4985-8542-DF7038B27525.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 255

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
It's a refurb, but not by Squier itself. They send warranty returns and sometimes just overstock to a big company that does nothing but guitar refurbishing. In Nashville, TN? After guitars are fixed, they're re-serialized, and wholesaled in lots. Now seeing a couple of retail outlets for refurbs.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
It's a refurb, but not by Squier itself. They send warranty returns and sometimes just overstock to a big company that does nothing but guitar refurbishing. In Nashville, TN? After guitars are fixed, they're re-serialized, and wholesaled in lots. Now seeing a couple of retail outlets for refurbs.
Interesting, makes economic sense for sure not to have to send it back to the factory

I wonder if the same places do epiphones/other re-serialized instruments?

I know…I don’t think re-serialized is a word, or is it?

Bill Ashton

Tele-Afflicted
I cannot remember the name of the firm, think it is in Texas. They actually do very good work, generally on
pieces that are "reclaimable" but the factory does not want to spend the time on either a damaged or QC
reject. They have done many Guild acoustics, and in fact my son bought an obviously damaged Epi BB King
with a neck break (!) that was visible but you could not feel, very nice work.

Not really a buyer-beware, but when you see a S/N covered over you should ask questions. If from a local
music store, they may not have a clue...where my son bought the Epi they gave him a "full" guarantee (!!!),
even wrote it on the receipt!

If you look it over and cannot find anything visibly wrong, and she plays well, pat yourself on the back and enjoy
her...looks fabulous! I would have bought her, though with eyes open ;)

CCK1

Tele-Afflicted
I'm almost positive it's what is being described above. That refurbishment company does tons of guitars for several different brands. They don't sell to the public, I wish they did. That's one fine looking Esquire! You may begin to find yourself in the same mindset as me, I'm beginning to prefer single pickup guitars.