1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ngd esp/ltd ec 400at

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Tele-Monster, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

So I was doing a gig in southern MN on Sat and had a few hours to kill. So my drummer and I went to the local music store to fart around. I tried out the the Excelsior amp (meh), and banged around on a few guitars. I've been thinking about picking up an LTD LP copy for a while, I just had no experience with them. I've owned 2 Gibson LP's in the past and had to let my beautiful '03 Classic go a few years back so I could pick up my Savage Macht 12. I recently sold a Hamer 335 clone as well, I don't use Humbuckers alot but like to have them around just in case....

Back to my story.

The store I was in had quite a few LTD guitars, they were blowing out the EC 401VF, which is the newer flame top version of their LP clones. They also had a EC 400AT which was twice the price of the VF and SUPER nice. Great weight and tone. Well I knew I wasn't going to be dropping $600 dollars so I hung the guitar up and did what any gear head would do, I checked Craigslist! It just so happened that a local guy had just posted a 400AT with OHSC for $350! I offered him 300 and he said sure, but then told me he had some other people looking at the guitar. I told him go ahead and sell it, I wouldn't be butthurt. Flash forward to Sunday, I'm swillin' brews and watching my Vikes stomp the Lions, LTD guy emails me and asks me if I'm still interested and that he lowered the price to $250 (SCORE!). So we meet up and I bite!

After I had done some research on these guitars I found out they come stock with Duncan pickups! A JB in the bridge and a 59 in the neck (my fav combo), a compensated Earvana nut and all Mahogany construction. Sounds a lot like my old Classic....So needless to say, I'm happy and I cant wait to gig it!

Anyone else have experience with these guitars?

Pic related, It's the new lady.:D

Attached Files:

2. Tele-Monster

Nothing to see here....

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

My #1 tele is actually an LTD 400 with a fender neck

4. Tele-Monster

Weird, until this post we had exactly the same post count....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.