NGD: Epiphone Sheraton II Pro

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by bluesholyman, Dec 12, 2019.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

I played this [used] guitar in the store to try out two different pedals, wasn't planning on buying a guitar, although after selling my Washburn HB35 which played well but the pickups were hard to get beyond, I was jonesing for a 335 style guitar - no idea I would like the Sheraton this much.

I have not found many epiphone pickups that sound good enough to keep in the guitar - these certainly sound better than I expected - they are not '57s but certainly very useable.

Came with a HSC to boot, all for under five Benjamins. Very happy with it.

IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG

richiek65, JL_LI, AAT65 and 5 others like this.
  2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

That's a beauty. Congrats.

bluesholyman likes this.
  3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Congrats and enjoy. I took the bling off mine and played it as is for years. I eventually put in different pups, pots, switch, jack and 50s wiring to warm it up a bit and now it is my signature sound. The neck on my MIK is awesome. I now like it better than Gibby 335s and wonder if it is because of the unique laminated neck: IMG_4080.JPG

Macrogats, richiek65 and JL_LI like this.
  4. Mosstone

Mosstone Tele-Meister

Congrats! How heavy is yours? I fell in love with sound of the Pro-Buckers and ordered one from Sweetwater a couple of years ago, but it weighed about 12 lbs! It also had some shipping damage so I sent it back.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Mine weighs in at 9.5 lbs. but it is a mid 2000 MIK. I have not weighed it since the mods, but I doubt the pup covers and added resistors are gonna make much difference.

Mosstone likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.