NGD: Epiphone Les Paul Jr. Vintage

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ping-ping-clicka, Sep 15, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I liked the other Epiphone that I bought so much I dipped in to the disposable income stash and bought an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. I liked the Amp models on the Iridium pedal
    so much I thought "how would a Les Paul Jr. Sound with these basic old school amps
    how would an old school Jr. sound with a Deluxe, Vox or Marshall."
    Those guys that played guitar for his oblique-ness, Captain Beef Heart always sounded pretty good to me. ah ,well... they make a tonal impression, I love the sounds that were chosen in that two guitar ensemble. So I now get to sit for hours and hours checking out the combinations It Dawns on me once again , I love cheating. faux amps, faux Gibson guitars =Epiphones, multitracking in my DAW, cut paste cut paste cut paste
    cut paste illusions
    A bad guy in a film about really bad guys says the the rest of a group of **** lawyers/power brokers at the tip-top planning the final solution,
    "A gun says what it means. pause yeah they do. So do Mojave Green rattle snakes, , am I working at really saying what I mean with a slide or am I just interested in creating approval winning artifice?

zzz rattle.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

I like it. Stream of consciousness guitar reviews… it could be the next big thing.

3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Photo of the Epi LP Jr.?

ChicknPickn and Fiesta Red like this.
  4. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Holic

Single coil I see.

5. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

My brother-in-law and I are up from Toronto, fishing a smallish but fish-rich pond/lake on Ontario's Bruce Peninsula. We can see big pike, bass striking at things just out of sight, the herons are having big lunches. Perfect conditions, and we've got all the good gear.

And catching nada.

On our way back to the dock, there's a canoe overloaded with local kids. A dented, dirty, ancient canoe. One of the kids is paddling with a duct-taped paddle. We nod, they nod, we see them later while we're theorizing at the dock why we caught zip.

"How'd you guys do?"

One of the kid hauls up a pike as long as my leg. Biggest pike I'd ever seen, before or since. Each of the other kids has a nearly as big pike in the bottom of the canoe.

"Pretty good."

We ask what lures, how'd you catch so many, what were your tactics?

Kid lifts up their one rod & reel. An ancient Zebco fiberglass and spincasting thing, probably inherited from an uncle or bought at a yard sale for 75 cents.

"What was your lure?"

Kid holds up a homemade spoon, with a hole punched at each end. One for the line, one for the hook.

He sees our city jaws drop. He grins, gestures toward some back part of the lake--one we had discounted as too weedy.

"Ya gotta know where to go," he says, "right?"

davidchagrin, elihu and middy like this.
  6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My couch plinker is a $99 Epi LP Special P90.
    Every now and then I plug it in and remember that it sounds (and plays) as good as any other guitar.

davidchagrin and Fiesta Red like this.
  7. charlie chitlin

You don't want them nasty old pike, anyway...

mimmo likes this.
  8. RoscoeElegante

From cold water, younger ones are tasty!

One of those country boys had a new "taxy-dermist" uncle who needed fish to work on. He had promised the boys the trophies if he didn't botch the stuffing jobs too badly. (Me, I'm at the seen-enough-suffering part of growing old that I've flattened all my hooks' barbs and feel guilty if I take home even one fish per outing. I even thought of a cow as a living creature, briefly, while enjoying a steak last night. Marley's ghost is probably next....)

9. charlie chitlin

I ain't retrieving a hook (flattened barb or otherwise) from a pike without deading it first.
    I saw one of those things attack a dog...on a jetty.
    You could hear its teeth clashing together.

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  10. RoscoeElegante

My brother-in-law temporarily stashed one under a canoe seat as we were hot on a school of bass hitting topwater lures around a beaver hut. No time to put the pike on a stringer.

I happened to glance at it when it thrust forward and tore hell out of his achilles tendon. Ripped him up good.

He reacted by flinging it back into the water, leaving our canoe a lively slosh of cussing Canadian blood.

I don't know if the pike merely bit what it banged into or was aiming at the ankle. But yeah, they are fierce critters. Those back-angled, you-ain't-escapin' teeth, and the way they coil and spring to attack--freshwater barracudas, indeed.

I pity minnows.

11. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Holic

Saw one grabbing a duckling right off the surface of the water. It was brutal.

Like dis one ?

Sépia.jpg

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  12. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

I once saw a ghost when I was about 9. At least I think it was a ghost. It started out as the form of a lady and then took the form of a dog and soon disappeared. The next day my friends and I saw a dog very similar. We chased it. When it turned the corner of a house we were right behind it. It was nowhere to be seen.

I used to love pizza flavored salad dressing. It was the only way I’d eat salad as a kid.

That corn field is all fancy homes and a mega church now.

There’s a grasshopper stuck in the window well. He keeps jumping but can’t quite get out. This has been going on for days now.

I hit that deer going so fast some part of it exploded. I saw bones fly past my windshield.

Here’s a picture of an Epiphone.
    9BC09E43-21FC-4A33-83A6-EC579E50FBC5.png

middy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.