1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD Epiphone 339

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Bulldog87, Feb 27, 2014.

1. mojo2001

mojo2001 Tele-Holic

I too have a Lucille (90s Peerless factory MIK) and picked up a 339 last week. As a tele player, I'm a lot more comfortable with the smaller body and maybe more at home with the lighter, less bassy voice of the 339 as well. I like the Lucille but I never really connected with it like I do my favorite teles and strats. I am more at home with the 339, based on a week of ownership.

I've got a Smits Classic PAF and a Gibson 57 in the Lucille and it sounds a bit more sophisticated than the 339, but those EPI buckers are pretty decent and I like the split coil sounds a lot.

As for set up, I found the action at the nut to be a bit high out of the box. I'll hopefully have a chance to pull out my nut files this weekend and also level the frets if need be, but it is quite playable and a lot of fun as it is.

I bought mine as a blem at a screaming discount from the local GC, but aside from the small finish crack on the neck that lowered the price, the overall fit and finish is quite good I thought

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.