NGD Epi Les Paul.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by playforfun, Oct 27, 2021.

1. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Afflicted

Got this in a trade it’s a 2020 inspired by Gibson Epi Les Paul custom. Checked the specs and it has an ebony fretboard and some other stuff I like 60’s neck, burstbuckers. Gonna put it to the test tonight at rehearsal. DBB56475-F053-4612-952E-00854923D83E.jpeg A4D8D238-17D9-44EE-9CB2-B850B7FD7547.jpeg 68B58532-C5B9-4B6A-A586-188C154923B5.jpeg 86F90B2F-8204-4764-8394-3A220591D8BF.jpeg

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

What's the verdict? I have the '59 Epi in my sights.....gotta love a good Lester!

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  3. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I have the 2020 Epi LP Modern with ebony fretboard. I always had thought of myself as a maple neck lover, but man, the ebony feels nice and slick. The whole guitar is pretty awesome, plays like butter.

Forgot to congratulate you! Yes I am also interested to hear how rehearsal went last night with it.

4. Glen W

Glen W Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I picked up the Epi Standard '60s last May. After smoothing out the fret ends, it's a great guitar to play. The ProBucker pickups sound quite good to me!

5. stormsedge

stormsedge Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

HNGD!

6. ChicknPickn

ChicknPickn Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

7. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm not an LP guy but this one is a beauty. Congrats OP!

8. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

HNLPD! I have an Epi Les Paul, except black. It's a good guitar, fun to play, congrats.

DSCF0024.JPG

9. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Just a side derial as an long-time Epi lover and owner, but since we are on an Epi thread:
    Just an 'opinion rant' ( seeking others thoughts,
    )
    I DON'T like the new ' Inspired by Gibson' 'improved' Epiphone headstock! ( don't know it this headstock is on all new Epis or just the 'Inspired' line)

- I just don't think it looks like a Gibson headstock, as some folks seem to think ( too fat a butt) and ir does kind of look like the headstock we see on earlier Epiphones, which I thought was ugly.

Its not a dealbreaker, as I really want the TV Yellow P-90 Special Epi ( with the new headstock)
    But maybe I just got used to the old headstock ( have owned 6 in the past, now just an awesome 2018 SG)
    I liked it OK.

Do love this whole new line though l, great-sounding values, and beauties!

playforfun and Mad Kiwi like this.
  10. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

We both have SG's
    You get the '59 LP,
    and I'll get this one! ( eventually)
    20200812_181221.jpg

richey88 and Glen W like this.
  11. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

100% agree. The old Epiphone headstock was perfectly fine to me and the new one seems like a poor imitation of the Gibson one, of which i'm also am not that much a fan of.

Those sticky uppy ends seem like a disaster waiting to happen on my Gibson Standard.

I could never understand the comments, "I would buy an Epiphone but can't stand the headstock"...!!!

I mean come on, a headstock shape is stopping you from buying a guitar?

magicfingers99 likes this.
  12. playforfun

Lots of people don’t like the headstock. I think it’s ok sposed to be a throw back to the early Epi’s.

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  13. playforfun

Rehearsal got canceled last night. I played it through my jazz 5 amp pushed by my full tone 2 mosfit. I have several Gibson guitars and love them. I know this is the honeymoon phase but I love this guitar. Sounds great but the main thing it feels great. I figured I’d be dealing with mud in the neck position but not this one. This guitar is worth several times what they are charging. Get one if you can before they change something. These epi’s are coming out of China from a factory that only builds Epi and they take a lot of pride in their work. The fretboard is awesome as well as the fret work. I got mine second hand so if there were any issues the previous owner fixed them. I honestly don’t think the previous owner even changed the strings. I’ll be doing that tomorrow. Anyway that is my opinion of the 2020 Epi Les Paul custom inspired by series. I’m not a pro but I’ll answer any questions honestly.

cyclopean, Chiogtr4x and StevesBoogie like this.
  14. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Wholeheartedly agree with everything, especially the fretboard and fret work. The neck plays so nicely.

playforfun likes this.
  15. Festofish

Festofish Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I recently traded into a 2013 Epi LP Standard ebony ‘60s in excellent shape and it blew me away. It’s my second. My Epi Nighthawk is also awesome! I also traded into my second Squier and both of them are great as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.