1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD Eastman AR403CE...

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by rdwhitti, Feb 23, 2018.

1. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

...but it has to remain boxed for 24 hours to acclimate to the temperature and humidity, so no pictures until tomorrow (if I can hold out that long). I sold a couple of other guitars and bought this one sight unseen as there is zero chance of finding and Eastman anywhere near me. It is my first Eastman and my first nitro finish and cost more than any other guitar that I own, so I want to be careful with it. I probably should not have gotten it but I foolishly agreed to sell my Ibanez AFJ95 and needed something to replace it.

But I want to open it NOW!

Piggy Stu and SecretSquirrel like this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool, looking forward to seeing it!

3. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Congrats and yes, looking forward to deeing some pics!

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You made me browse the Eastman web site and get GAS -- thems are TV Jones Filterons

[​IMG]

5. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Looks great. The few Eastmans I have played have been pretty excellent.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Sweeeeeeeet ! Can't wait for pics !

7. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats on the new Eastman. They are great guitars (I bought myself a T-486 a couple years ago).
    And remember: pics or didn't happen!

8. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Gorgeous!

9. Sinner1980

Sinner1980 Tele-Meister

Look forward to seeing pics! I’ve been gassing for a Tuxedo for a while now.

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Congrats. I'm an Eastman believer too after I bought my parlor acoustic. Yeah, pics and a review after you open it up.

11. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

I opened it just long enough to get some pics and to tune it up. The fit and finish are absolutely beautiful! In the short time I had to play it is sounded wonderful but maybe too bright with the rounds that are on it now; the description said that were 12's (Cleartone) but they feel lighter like maybe 10's? Anyway I will give them a good tryout before maybe trying flats to see the difference.

I would love to play it more but other duties call. Hopefully I get a good chance to try it this evening. IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG

12. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice axe. Congrats.

13. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Well I just had my regular practice with it and love it! It feels so light and comfortable, and the neck is not thick and not thin but just right so far, between my fat neck Ibanez AFJ95 and the extra slim Epiphone ES339 that I had, just a little thinner than my MIM Strat. It has a very woody acoustic sound with the round wound strings that will take some getting used to but is great for now; I may eventually put on flats when these wear out. I think I will message the seller about what kind of strings are on it; the ad said 12s but they feel more like 10s to me, and play very easily.

BTW I am using an iPhone tuner because the one that I have been using is a clip-on Snark. Are clip-ons safe for nitro finishes if I just leave it on long enough to tune and then wife the headstock? I am more comfortable using the clip-on but don't want to mar this beautiful finish.

teletimetx likes this.
  14. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

it's a beaut!

15. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Oh My!

Eastman's started off making violins and it shows with the quality fit and finish. Absolutely beautiful guitar.

Enjoy!

16. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Thanks all! I think you am really going to enjoy it. It is so much more comfortable than the Ibanez. Different sound but I like it.

17. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Nice!

18. rainbowbear998

rainbowbear998 Tele-Meister

Absolutely beautiful. I’ve been looking at getting an Eastman archtop for a while now, this might just push me over the edge!

One question I do have, I’ve read some reviews that mention a bit of tuning instability from the a string rubbing against the low e tuner because of the headstock design - have you noticed this at all?

19. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

I'll check but not so far. What I did notice was that once I took it out of the case and tuned it up it stayed rock solid for the rest of the day.

20. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

I did noice the A and B strings touching their respective E string tuners, but I have not noticed any tuning problems so far. As a matter of fact I opened it up this morning and the tunings were still perfect. I will keep an eye on it though and let you know if that changes.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.