NGD E10 tele junker

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Mr Gunny, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of pics, as the guitar is currently “quarantined” in my basement for a few days. I needed a project and this is definitely it. Korean made Squier tele, SN starts with E10. There is significant damage to the neck on a few frets, the control plate was pretty rusty, doesn’t give me any hope for the pots.

The strings and some of the frets are actually green, this thing is in rough shape. I plan to replace the control plate and possibly the pickups. Where do I start with fixing this neck? Or is it not worth the time and should I just look for a replacement neck?

1A2D2677-5414-436E-AFEC-6BE7662F8DB7.jpeg 3FC3216D-ED66-4C05-A0DA-90A3EB70141B.jpeg 65556616-4DF7-42B0-9791-7C03AEA77496.jpeg

2. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

Bump. Need help with my quarantine project, the neck feels great but so much of the finish is missing on the fretboard. Where should I start? It’s an interesting guitar, body is full thickness and weird saddle bridges I’ve never seen on a Squier before. Another weird quirk is plastic string trees.
    A886F02D-6E58-4EA1-9E53-EA47AA2FDDFB.jpeg 6992C93A-0DB8-4D81-A4BD-2532E5E73AC2.jpeg

3. Max the Dog

Max the Dog TDPRI Member

Hi,
    Yeah go for it, at least for the experience you’ll gain. I would.
    If it all goes south then buy a new neck.
    As for the electrics and stuff, plug it into an amp and check the pots and switch. If they’re noisy, WD40 or any electrical contact cleaner would sort it.
    There’s plenty of info on YT and wiring diagrams on The ‘net and Seymour Duncan’s site. If you can solder you can do the electric side of things.
    Regards,
    MtD.

4. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

I’m about half done with it, I’ll probably update with pics in the next few days. I stripped and sanded the neck, polished the frets and did some spot leveling. The pots were in really bad shape when I took it apart and I wanted to give it a 4 way switch anyways so I gutted the electronics, going to solder it all back together later today.

5. Max the Dog

Max the Dog TDPRI Member

Good for you. Be good to see some before and after pix.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.