1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD- Danelectro Dead on '67

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Dwills94, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Dwills94

Dwills94 Tele-Meister

Just got my used Dano Hornet reissue in the mail today. Got it used from GC for just under $200. I was a little disappointed when it got here because I had called the GC that had it for an in hand description before I ordered it and the guy told me it was a fairly clean guitar, which is not totally true. I got it and it looked like it had been through all the trials and tribulations associated with instruments owned by over caffeinated 14 year old boys. For starters it was absolutely filthy with grime to the point the finish on the aluminum bridge and pickup covers are partially corroded, there are several small dings on the front of the guitar and some pretty terrible buckle rash on the back. The thing that really pissed me off was the gash on the side and ding on the headstock that scream that this thing has been dropped. I've checked it out and everything works and is solid and it was setup perfectly after I put some new strings on it. Has a slight buzz at the 11th and 12th frets on the A and D strings but those are the only spots it occurs at and it is not noticeable through the amp, since the spot is so specific I'm assuming its probably a high spot on the fret. The sound of this thing is totally unique and raw, the pickups definitely have a little more output than the lipstick in my U-1 or my friends U-2. I'll try to get a sound sample up tommorrow.

Attached Files:

2. davidchagrin

davidchagrin Tele-Afflicted

I've had one in black for a couple years. I adore this guitar. Only issue I've had is the tremolo arm screw coming loose. Stays in place; just loose. The satin finish on the neck makes it easy to glide along the fretboard. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.