NGD D,Angelico Premier Atlantic

polimacs

TDPRI Member
Two days ago my wife barged in my covid-caused home-office room and started persuading me to get another guitar "since my tele was starting to be not enough for her and she needed me to get that strat I wanted so much".

Can you wrap your minds around that?

Neither could I. "Woman, do not tease me and put crazy ideas in my head" - I said. "Nooo, go, go, get that guitar!" Jesus, ten minutes later I was in my car half way there. In the middle of a work day. Just told my team I'll be back in 30 minutes!

The only strat they had was the black one. I just couldn't. Got back home, Forced myself not to think about it anymore. And later that day I remembered that a local store became an official D'Angelico distributor for the region. Ok, let's check out their website. Daaamn, these things are pretty as... I've played teles and strats my entire life, never cared for shorter scale LP style guitars, looks or sound-wise. But I just fell for the D'Angelico design! I went to the store the next day just to check them out, but as soon as I took this one in my hands I fell in love. The neck felt awesome. I knew right away that I wouldn't leave without her!

So, to sum things up - I have an awesome wife and an awesome new guitar.

My impressions after two days: craftmanship is incredible. It's the most affordable line - Premier, but it is beautiful! Binding is 9.5/10, sparkles make the black finish not look boring, pickups (Duncan Designed) sound good even in the coil split mode. The only thing I am not so happy about is the push-pull tone pots. The rod is a bit wobbly. It feels as I could pull them out or bend them silly. The sales guy ensured me that they are not so easy to break, so we'll see. Other than that - this thing is a beast considering the price range.

I think I've entered the LP style universe with a flash. :D

20210921_232503.jpg
20210921_232521.jpg
20210921_232531.jpg
20210921_232546.jpg
20210921_232638.jpg

Blister

Tele-Meister
Beautiful guitar do they have the bee sting just below the headstock on the backside that’s where the black paint tapers to a point

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
So, to sum things up - I have an awesome wife and an awesome new guitar.
. . .
I think I've entered the LP style universe with a flash. :D

Straight up, man; you really do -
1/ have an awesome wife
and
2/ have an awesome new guitar

Happy "great wife" and "new guitar" day
Peace - Deeve

TwoBear

Tele-Afflicted
Beautiful Headstock, and the guitar is not bad either! I started on my Pops old Mustang, Then got into the Gibsons-59 125 and 52 LP. Play those till I got good enough to gig and then kept on, Adding in a Duo Sonic. The music of the times forced me to get a three bolt Strat, and with a little 59 that covered club work. Pretty much stuck with the Strat and Ibanez and Jackson thing for most of the time-HSS pretty much covered everything. Then I got back into the Gibson Thing 330-335 styles. About five or seven years ago I added in the telecasters, One with over wound p90-Jazzmaster p.u.’s, & other with 2 lead pickups. A few years ago I got a hankering for that Les Paul thing and I added in a Tokai reborn early model, really nice, w/Seymore ‘59s, & original pickups in case, but I’m getting older and even with a thick strap… I wasn’t looking for another but a buddy need a loan and left me a flame top Tokai LP for collateral. Was supposed to be for a couple weeks and I haven’t heard from him for four months. I have been looking at alternatives to that style, something possibly like that old Gibson nighthawk, as I like a lot of tonal options. I’m really digging yours, it looks light, it has an unfinished back of neck (Or easily rubbed to a silky feel if even needed) i’ve always loved the look of those New Yorker tuners. The pickguard reminds me of the early Bigsby Merle Haggard Fender look. Definitely a great addition and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

polimacs

TDPRI Member
@TwoBear Well, you should definitely check one of these out. They're not heavy like LPs. It weighs about the same as my Player series Tele. And yes, the neck has satin finish.