NGD - Cort Luce Series - L300VF

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by dreamingtele, Aug 17, 2018.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

New Guitar Day! Again...

So after getting the Cort L450CL, see thread here : http://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-cort-luce-series-l450cl.849953/

Caught the acoustic bug bad enough to chase around a specific guitar in whole of Australia. I finally got it. A poor man’s version of a 1930’s Martin OM. This will hold me over until I can get a fully custom made one from my luthier friend. Need to save a lot of money for that though.

So I sold the Cort L450CL, not that its bad, I love every inch of that guitar, but I really wanted this in the first place and when I couldnt find one, I bought the L450CL instead, and it left me wanting more for this. Lesson learned, wait for what you really want.

The Cort L300VF. Solid Adirondack Spruce top, Solid Mahogany Back and Mahogany sides. Visually stunning and sonically amazing. Tons of guitar for the money without the Martin logo. I’m a happy camper. I can finally sleep now. or not. Can't put this down.

More detailed photos coming soon, and a review of what I think about it, for now, here it is.

[​IMG]

Otis Fine, Tonetele, Stubee and 3 others like this.
  2. Djentleman Dan

Djentleman Dan Tele-Holic

Looks sweet (especially that pickguard....know of anywhere I can get one for my old Sigma poor-man's-Martin? Or electric config would work too haha).

That guitar is gorgeous.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool!

4. dreamingtele

When I had the Cort L450CL, I did look up a few cheap pickguards from Ebay.. all coming from china. tons of different colors and shapes. 1 dollar each, free shipping. try checking out ebay for cheap ones

Djentleman Dan likes this.
  5. Djentleman Dan

Djentleman Dan Tele-Holic

About a month I tried to find a Madcat like yours for the Tele copy in my avatar, but they were all $60 or more and this guitar cost me $110. So I got the obnoxious cheap tiger-stripe-that-wants-to-be-Prince's-leopard-print-but-isn't, then wound up LOVING the way it looks.

ETA: Thanks for trying to help!

6. dreamingtele

I actually love the color and the pickguard design! I didnt know its called a madcat. but thanks for that info. I think the overall vintage yellow tint and the pickguard sold me into it, not to mention the Adirondack spruce top and bracing it has.

Djentleman Dan likes this.
  7. dreamingtele

Thanks!!!

8. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a Cort this year as my go-to living room guitar.
    It has a Spruce top, mahogany b/s as well as a tuner and p/up system.
    Good little OM- CE. See the Cort wbsite, LUCE series L-100.
    It retailed for $650 but as I'm known I got it for $450 AUD.

9. dreamingtele

I wanted that one initially to save costs. I'm an electric guitarist and its just recently that I switched to acoustic. so all my teles and pedals has to go under the bed for now.

I started wanting the cheapest, then thought maybe I could go higher, and then next thing I know, I bought the L450CL, then didnt want it, then I got this! GAS is a real thing.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Sweet !

11. Tonetele

@dreamingtele that is one nice geetar!!;)

Was in my local music store and you would be amazed at the brands Cort make- I can't say for ethical/ commercial reasons.

12. dreamingtele

I know! I really cant say for ethical/commercial reasons either..

If I look at it spec-wise, this is the most value for money Im gonna get around in this part of the world. If I go full Solid Blueridge BR143a, its waaay out of my budget and I need to spend extra for pickups. Same goes for Eastman, Yamaha, etc etc. I can only hope that the factory that made this guitar, or the people who did their part on this guitar, at the very least, are okay..

13. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Holic

The Cor-Tek plant, or Cort/Samick , make models for Ibanez, Avalon, G+L, Squier, Kramer, MusicMan, PRS SE, Lakeland, Hohner, Epiphone, Washburn, Spector, DeArmond ....the list is long.

14. Tonetele

@dreamingtele- Damn it. I'm going to order one now.
    I have three Teles and a genuine " Blackie" strat that I put together in 2005
    A Taylor and my Cort L100- OC. Now it looks like another acoustic, same as your L300VF, I have GAS for that one ( that and gas from a beer. Well done on that guitar mate).

15. dreamingtele

Hey mate, you might want to hold on for that, get the L300V instead. the F stands for the Fishman sonitone, although its a good pickup, the LR Baggs Element EAS-VTC in my Cort L450CL is just better and louder.

Save the 260+ aud and order the LR Baggs Element separately. Thats what I was planning to do anyway since L300VF stocks are going to come in on October, according to Sunburst Music's Cort dealer. If you find a new Cort L300VF try it if you like the pickups. Im gonna rip it out of mine and change it to K&K Pure/Pure Mini or the Element.

Tonetele likes this.
  16. Tonetele

Yeah mate. I've had Fishman systems in the past and, I agree, I kind pf prefer L.R. Baggs systems.

For a Melbourne guy- you're not bad. Never met one I liked on my few ( kept to a minimum) trips there. Good music but.;)

17. dreamingtele

Ive always have used Fishmans and thought it was great, until I tried LR Baggs.

Actually I just got here in Melbourne about a year ago. I am originally from the Philippines. :) I'm interested to hear about why you dont like Melbourne people. LOL

18. Tonetele

I believe they were unfriendly and arrogant, rude, to be honest.
    An example, they had a brewery strike and bought our beer. shortly after I was on a visit to Melbourne.So I asked for one of our beers.A customer, not the barman, said" Why would we have that s... here?' Also a man in a music pub tried to chat my fiance up and was relentless. I came near to punching him.Adelaide people are more civilized although I must admit Melbourne has seemed to grow up.

19. dreamingtele

Wow! Hahaha, thats so interesting! the only rude people I have experienced are people who feel like they are racing their hearts off in a bike lane. I mean, Im just trying to get home safely while riding my push bike, and I get yelled at for being too slow. And when Im in driving my car, people who honk because you didnt go milliseconds after the green light turned on.

Well, if you find yourself in Melbourne, hit me up, I'll cook some food and give you your preferred beer, if its available here, and we can jam with our humble Cort L300's. LOL

20. Tonetele

Cheers mate! I'll supply any beer you want- cause that's what we do here- try to please our guests.;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.