NGD coming up: my Christmas present to myself.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Well, as you might know, I ordered myself this Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Les Paul Custom in white, which thanks to the world wide situation takes its sweet time to arrive.

In the meantime somebody in the next village, decided to sell something quite similar and for around half the price of the Epi. So today I decided "screw it" and mailed the guy, we agreed on the price and I'll retrieve it next week.
Les Paul 1.jpg
Les Paul kop.jpg

This is the actual one, and from what I can tell from the pictures, it's Korean made one, these had alder bodies and a rosewood fingerboard, so they're not as cool as the Epi with its mahogany construction and Ebony board.

But, hey, who cares, it's cool regardless.

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
The only Gibson I had was a White LP Studio, it was a great guitar. These new Epiphones are very good with just a couple tweaks and the Tokai's are highly sought after these days.
Congrats!

OldPup

Tele-Holic
Well, it's not as cool as one of those, that's for sure.
What do you mean? Is this Tokai somehow not like other Tokai Les Pauls? I have only heard that Tokai Les Pauls are the s**t. There's this dude on some blues channel on YT from Australia that plays them and raves about them. I'd love to stumble across one for half the price of an Epiphone!! Or twice the price of an Epiphone. I mean, in my guitar acquiring days, that is. Those days are thankfully behind me until I can afford a 335.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
What do you mean? Is this Tokai somehow not like other Tokai Les Pauls? I have only heard that Tokai Les Pauls are the s**t. There's this dude on some blues channel on YT from Australia that plays them and raves about them. I'd love to stumble across one for half the price of an Epiphone!! Or twice the price of an Epiphone. I mean, in my guitar acquiring days, that is. Those days are thankfully behind me until I can afford a 335.
What I was talking about is that mine isn't one of those fabled Japanese made ones, which must be among the coolest guitars ever made. Mine is a Chinese made one which is cool but not THAT cool.

http://www.tokai-guitars.nl/alc62.html
Mine on the Tokai site, now compare it to...

http://www.tokai-guitars.nl/lc230-s.html
Only a real Gibson Les Paul Custom could rival that.