1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD classic T

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by sharp11, Jul 19, 2013.

1. sharp11

sharp11 TDPRI Member

Heres my new Suhr classic T (hope it's ok that it's not a fender - my other tele is!!) it's a really big deal for me (I won't be able to order a custom guitar again!) so I was super excited when it arrived..

Maple cap, chambered alder body ,African rosewood board and 'baked' maple neck..

This guitar sounds great! Woody and dark but with a bit of bite - pretty much exactly what I wanted.. If anyone us interested ill put more (better) pics up later :)

I've only done one gig with it so far and I'm liking .. Starting to feel like home already :)

image-938288854.jpg

Attached Files:

2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar! I'd love to see more pics of that stunner and hear of the spec's.....pickups, neck radius, etc. Lovely guitar!

3. Reeek

Reeek Tele-Holic

I had a BSB vintage spec Classic T once - she was superb. I only sold her because I learned I don't like compound radius necks with a $2200 guitar :) otherwise she was a one piece swamp ash body that weighed in a 6.75 pounds. She was a really nice guitar. It was one of the most in tune sounding guitars I have ever played.

Congrats!

4. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Beautiful! Very nice! Wow, you gota be thrilled. That is an awesome guitar. Congrats... enjoy!

5. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Beautiful, love the African Rosewood on the roasted Maple board. Congrats!

6. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Very nice! I just became a big fan of the SUHR T-Style. Picked up a pro series T2 last week. Very easy to get along with. Well done!.

7. sharp11

sharp11 TDPRI Member

cheers guys! Im REALLY pleased with it :) Ive got a gig later but ill post pics soon..
    specs: 60's C neck shape, compound 9-12 radius fretboard with 'medium' frets.I thought going from my 62 RI to this would be really weird but its not, it feels very comfortable and i can now bend with out fretting out! Chambered body means its really lightweight and has a nice acoustic ring to it. I had the lip of the bridge filed down so i don't hit it when using pick n' fingers. Suhrs classic T pickups which so far sound great - really big and warm sounding.

As i said I've only used it live once (ad again tonight) but first impressions are good! Thanks for indulging my showing off, im hoping tis will be 'the one' for me...

8. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

I'm more of a "vintage style" guy, but I got to admit that is one pretty top. That thing looks like it plays like butter! Very nice. Enjoy.

9. Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk Tele-Afflicted

Gorgeous.

P

10. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

A beauty. congrats!

11. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Congrats. Great choices with specs and such, love the top.
    Looks like a great recipe.

Prepared also to be dazzled and amazed over time as you discover how remarkably stable the roasted maple neck is, made further awesome by the contribution to resonant tone it makes.
    I have a GG Antique Modern which features a roasted maple neck - outstanding.

12. frogger

frogger Tele-Holic

What a beauty! Congratulations. Now I want one. :)

13. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

The body colour / finish looks superb. Cool looking guitar.

14. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

Congrats!!! It's a beauty, don't apologize for it not being a Fender....You can't go wrong with any name on the headstock as long as you love it:)

Plus how could you go wrong with a Suhr anyway....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.