VillainSean

Tele-Holic
NGD!

Can you have too many Cabronita style guitars? I think not ;)
67453963914__BBD1E1CA-4CA1-4EFE-A55D-9285F99A063B 1.JPG
248C2D6C-CCE1-403E-AF9D-356ACA043BFF.JPG
2022.fcs-caballo.tono.iegro.black. (1).jpg

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Holy smokes, that's just absolutely rad! Specs are just awesome. 10/56 V Neck! That worn black finish is killer. I love black finishes that don't look too shiny. TV Jones pickups and chopped bridge!!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW! You done good!

72_Custom

Tele-Meister
I just watched the video from Empire Music on that this morning! Congrats, man. Although, I have to say I'm slightly upset that you bought it so soon. I'm gonna stop in at that store this weekend and I was looking forward to strumming it a bit myself.

VillainSean

Tele-Holic
I just watched the video from Empire Music on that this morning! Congrats, man. Although, I have to say I'm slightly upset that you bought it so soon. I'm gonna stop in at that store this weekend and I was looking forward to strumming it a bit myself.
Hah, I didn't want to miss out on this one, as I wasn't a fan of the Gold or Magenta Sparkle versions. I do dig sparkle, just not Magenta.

A few initial observations:
The neck dimensions surprised me a little, it feels smaller than the one on my '09 Cabronita. It's all good though, variety is the spice of life. The pickups needed to be raised a tiny bit, just a personal preference sound wise. The nitro finish is very thin, meaning you can easily see the grain - it sort of looks like they didn't use any grain filler, but I have no way to verify that - but I dig it. It's very "loud" / resonant to my ears, which is one reason I've moved onto thinlines these days well. And of course, the fabulous TV Jones pickups, which to my ears have both great dynamic breakup based on touch, and sweet high end "richness" to my ears.

So if you don't hear from me for a while, just know I'm a little preoccupied ;)
I'll post a new Cabronita family photo sometime this weekend as well.