1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD: Breedlove Voice CM

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by John E, Feb 28, 2021.

1. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

My pop has been looking for a small bodied acoustic that is short scale, with 14 frets to the body. I suggested a Taylor 3, 4 or 512CE, so we went to Alto Music in Middletown to check a few out.

I was NOT looking for me (although if one of the Taylor's struck my fancy... lol)

Anyway this funky looking Breedlove Voice CM was hanging up there. I always loved them, so I figured I'd check it out.

Ummm.... holy @#$%^&*!

lol

I immediately fell in love and now it's sitting in the case next to me. This guitar is pretty amazing...

So I gig mostly with my Rainsong P12 now, but since I sold my Kronbauer MJ I have really been wanting to get another nice wood guitar to record with and complement my Rainsong.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Congratulations!

John E likes this.
  3. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Breedloves are awesome! My buddy has one. It projects like a cannon. Congrats! It looks cool too

John E likes this.
  4. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

Thx yeah their projection (especially bass) is just... oopha.... lol. I really get lost when I am playing this thing alone. I have always wanted one of these CM shapes since they came out in the early 90s. I definitely love this guitar. I can't wait to put it on some recordings.

thesamhill likes this.
  5. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't looked at Breedlove in a long time. Are they still putting the Bridge Doctor in them?

6. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

I believe so. This one was built in 2012 and this one definitely has the JLD Bridge Truss. The claim is that they can go thinner (and graduated thickness) on the top by using that JLD. Must work... lol! This thing has so much depth to the tone

7. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

^^^ Yeah, I've seen pictures of the early ones with the Doc, they are scalloped to almost nothing. The truss obviously makes up for the lack of strength of the short braces. I just didn't know if they were still doing it. Thanks

John E likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.