NGD - Backlund

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by eclecticsynergy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Afflicted

Backlund 100 arrived this week. Plays great. Sounds great. And being the DLX model, it even has a trem.

Set neck design, while the Tele-shaped Model 200 I'd been looking at is bolt-on.
    Lively neck wood, nice sustain and good upper fret access. (Even a vestigial 25th fret.)

Virtually unplayed - literally not a scratch, not even a smudge. Factory strings on it still new & clean, and some protective plastic still on the pickguard.

It cost me less than the 50%-off deal on the other guitar would have.
    Seller threw in a nice Gibson gig bag.

dq4rsepqsfh2cpimpjff.jpg

As you might imagine, this one's a bit awkward to play sitting down, but classical position works just fine.
    Hanging on a strap, the balance is perfect (my Model 400 is a little bit neck heavy).

Nice tones - I love singlecoil neck sounds, both rhythm and lead. Bridge pickup has strong mids without sounding nasal, good cutting lead tone with some body underneath. And middle position was a very nice surprise, not what I expected. Scooped and almost chimey, particularly addictive. I think I'll be spending a lot of time there.

Burgundy mist is a cool color, and of course the design has John's distinctive retro-futuristic style.

2. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

Nice.

Duesenburg Les Trem? I just fitted the 'Les Trem' to two guitar that were not getting much love. Now I can't stop playing them.

Sorry, now back to drooling over your new baby.

Enjoy!

3. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Afflicted

Nice guitar. I would gig that

4. Sybo

Sybo TDPRI Member

Damn, that’s really cool!

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Kewl!

6. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Afflicted

Yep, Les Trem. I got one in '18 for my Les Paul Special, but it wound up on one of my Firebirds instead.
    Nice trems, smooth and stable with more pitch bend than a Bigsby.
    Another great thing is that they fit any guitar with a stop tailpiece.
    I still think that first one might end up on the Special someday.

Zepfan and John Backlund like this.
  7. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire

Aaaaaahhh! I can’t stop looking at it! Two of my favourite things, a Backlund and a Les Trem. (I put a Les Trem on my Reverend Buckshot, which I foolishly sold, and now I’m spoiled for all other trems.)

8. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

I dig that funky trem that is cu cu cool man

9. John Backlund

John Backlund Friend of Leo's

I'm jealous! hadn't seen this model yet as a real guitar, only as the concept illustration I had done of it that the production model was created from.

Your 100 looks really nice, and I don't have an example with the block inlays, I may try to have Eastwood save one for me.

Congratulations on your new 100, and thank you, you've re-ignited my GAS for this variation.

Here's all my personal 100's in one pile. Four are Eastwoods, one is a Retronix (one of only four made), and of course, the infamous red/white 'unauthorized' Chinese knockoff on the upper right...
    IMG_20190218_115049503~3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.