NGD! AV 64 in Fiesta Red!

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
Congratulations! I love Fiesta Red Teles (and Strats and Jazzmasters). Here's a partscaster I put together in Fiesta Red:

IMG_0272.JPG

mimmo

Friend of Leo's
Yes I had seen your post about it! I'm not sure why the numbers are different, but they are close enough for me to say the number is low. A rare colour for sure.

And with most of them going to Europe, I wonder how many are in North America.

Not much, so you are member of a very exclusive club :cool:
Again, congrats on this awesome telecaster!!

AlbertaGriff

Friend of Leo's
It's great when you find exactly what you are looking for!

Yes for sure!

To be honest, I would have taken Lake Placid Blue, or Candy Apple Red.
I would have even taken the Aged White Blonde or the Sunburst, but I preferred the Fiesta Red and LPB.

I hadn't seen any for sale used locally.

AndrewG

Friend of Leo's
Fiesta Red had the lowest production as it was for the European market only. 139 would be about right. I’m pretty sure the color and selected market was due to Hank Marvin.

Candy Apple Red was next with about 200. Not sure if it was U.S. market only or worldwide.

Lake Placid Blue was the next lowest, with about 500.
I'm not sure about the Telecaster/Marvin connection; he was primarily a Fender Strat player, with a brief interlude with Burns. We see quite a few Fiesta red/gold hardware Custom Shop Strats here, and there was a recent release of a MIM FSR version. Beautiful.
Bruce Welch now owns Marvin's original '58, and I can't begin to imagine how much such a rare guitar with an iconic connection might be sold for, if it ever is.

IMG_5203.jpg

Last edited:

Friend of Leo's
Excellent choice .... Got the same myself (Fiesta Red 2015 model) last summer. Mine has one of those finishes that look at it and a bit more peels off. But, I'm cool with that as it plays just soooooooo easy and saves a fortune on Custom Shop relic models ;).
Absolutely love the pickups on the AVs. :cool:

h4ck.b0x7

Tele-Afflicted
I'm not sure about the Telecaster/Marvin connection; he was primarily a Fender Strat player, with a brief interlude with Burns. We see quite a few Fiesta red/gold hardware Custom Shop Strats here, and there was a recent release of a MIM FSR version. Beautiful.
Bruce Welch now owns Marvin's original '58, and I can't begin to imagine how much such a rare guitar with an iconic connection might be sold for, if it ever is.

IMG_5203.jpg

I am fully aware of his connection to Strats. The Fiesta Red color was all I was talking about. Fiesta Red guitars in general tend to sell better in the U.K. due to Hank Marvin.

Mekhem

Tele-Holic
The story I remember re: Fiesta Red AV64 was that it was part of a FSR order for European distributors that was cancelled during production and that there were fewer that the 139 number. Because the order was never fully completed they sold them in the US.

Anyway - thats a great Tele and a great color.

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
The story I remember re: Fiesta Red AV64 was that it was part of a FSR order for European distributors that was cancelled during production and that there were fewer that the 139 number. Because the order was never fully completed they sold them in the US.

Anyway - thats a great Tele and a great color.

Hi I'm interested in your source for this.

Mekhem

Tele-Holic
Hi I'm interested in your source for this.

Here is one of the official announcements:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/gui...der-american-vintage-finishes-revealed-596347

My sources are largely anecdotal on these. What I was able to track down doing research on the ones i purchased (Fiesta Tele, 65 Jazzmaster, and 65 Jaguar) is that they were part of a FSR run initiated by a group of EU distributors that included: 64 Jaguar in Sonic Blue, AV 65 Strat in BMM, 65 Jazzmaster in Firemist silver, and this 64 Telecaster in Fiesta. At the time many Europeans asking their fender reps confirmed that the whole FSR order was cancelled by the EU distributors because they didn't get enough pre-orders. Fender had already started production of them in various numbers though, so they ended production and made the models available to US wholesalers as a one and done inventory sale.

Musicians friend bought a ton of the 65 BMM strats, Sweetwater had a couple of the Firemist Jazzmasters and at least 1 or 2 of the Fiesta Tele's. eBay shops and independent re-sellers ended up being the primary outlets that I saw

Telebeestar

TDPRI Member
Cool guitar!! I really want to get another AV64 and Fiesta Red is color I want.

I just can’t seem to be able to find one.

Help! Help me please!
(Hehehehehe)