NGD: and she's Burgundy Mist

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Everybody, meet Misty.
DSC03139.JPG

She's a Squier Affinity series Jazzmaster, and she couldn't be any newer.

Got her from a shop in Belgium which prides itself for getting the latest models first. At the moment of taking this picture, I already replaced her strings, removed the protective film from her pickguard and backplate and tightened the springs on her whammy bar, so it can cope with the heavier tension of my favored 011 string set.

So far so good, is there anything I do not like about her so far?
- Well, seeing as what kind of pickups she has, they hum and hiss but hey, that's Jazzmaster pickups for you.
- The tuners are rather rough feeling, I might replace them in due time.

So, now it's time for me to subject Misty to some playing and break her in properly.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I really like this, but it also got me thinking, the only other guitar currently available that's similar in lay out but is twice as expensive is the G&L Tribute Doheny.
g__l_tribute_doheny_in_seafoam_1641623723_880c6095_progressive.jpg

Perhaps I should seriously try out some of those to have a higher quality version of this Squier.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
So I was in that shop again, and I was telling the guy that I wanted to order a second one in blue.
art-18822.jazzmaster7167.jpg

But then he said that he could do me one better and order one of the limited editions colors before showing me what that color was.
squier-fsr-affinity-series-jazzmaster-lrl-metallic-black_1_GIT0058581-000.jpg

Oh yeah!

Now it's just a matter of waiting.

jimking

TDPRI Member
Everybody, meet Misty.
View attachment 986551
She's a Squier Affinity series Jazzmaster, and she couldn't be any newer.

Got her from a shop in Belgium which prides itself for getting the latest models first. At the moment of taking this picture, I already replaced her strings, removed the protective film from her pickguard and backplate and tightened the springs on her whammy bar, so it can cope with the heavier tension of my favored 011 string set.

So far so good, is there anything I do not like about her so far?
- Well, seeing as what kind of pickups she has, they hum and hiss but hey, that's Jazzmaster pickups for you.
- The tuners are rather rough feeling, I might replace them in due time.

So, now it's time for me to subject Misty to some playing and break her in properly.
Lovely young lady. Hmmmm - what to play first?