1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD and MY First Acoustic

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by napawino, Jul 4, 2010.

1. napawino

napawino Tele-Holic

I thought I would get an acoustic so I can practice outdoors or on the go, where my Telecasters aren't practical. And so I can do some of that Kum By Yah crap at the campfire. :p

So I picked up this Takemine EF340SCGN today

My skill level is beginner, but I know what I like when it comes to how a guitar sounds. I like this one a lot.

It was recommended by the guy at the guitar shop as being "a lot of guitar for the money". I was skeptical, as I usually am on any sales pitch. So I tried many other guitars, and it seems that he was on the money with his assessment. It has a very nice, warm tone, and it plays very easily. The neck feels great, and even my beginners hands can wring some nice sounding music from it.

It came with a very nice case.

Anyway.....just thought I'd share a pic or two, so here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess I should take the plastic off of the guard.....

2. telepicker52

telepicker52 Tele-Holic

That's sweet, man! Did you get a nice price?

3. bignote

bignote Tele-Meister

Taks are great guitars. Enjoy.

4. napawino

napawino Tele-Holic

I like her a lot so far. I'm obviously no expert on acoustics, but I think I did good. It was $699 out the door, and they threw in some D'Addario EXP's

5. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You did good. I'm a Takamine nut--I have a group of them, mostly older ones--and I think they're pretty much all good buys for the money. The F-series Taks are Japanese made, and are nice instruments, with excellent electronics. I'm not sure I'd take a solid-topped guitar (especially one with a preamp) camping or to the beach, though. Maybe outside on a nice day, but solid tops can be pretty sensitive to big changes in temperature or humidity.

P.S. I looked it up on Takamine's website, and found that guitar has a solid back, too. You done real good.

http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1971&sid=66

Oopsie. I just noticed the GN part. That's a new model, not on the Takamine site yet. I don't know if it has a solid back or not. It wouldn't surprise me if it did, though.

--PtT

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  6. napawino

napawino Tele-Holic

Made in Japan, and she smells really good!!

7. slickschoppers

slickschoppers Tele-Holic

i've got a few tak's....

LOVE THEM, have played teh same guitar you just bought.. love that one too.. they are a GREAT deal for the money.

I think they make the best acoustic there is... (now before anyone gets excited calm down, you guys don't have to agree with me)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.