NGD: American Vintage II 1963 Telecaster

ejphotos

Tele-Holic
Unintended NGD, but those are the best, right?
Picked up an American Vintage II 1963 Tele in Surf Green today at my local shop. I first played one of the 61 Strats, sounded nice but the neck was too thin for me. Then I picked up the 63 Tele and instantly connected with it. Great feeling neck, the pickups sound great, lots of character to them. Amazing fit and finish - felt just as good as Custom Shop Fenders I've had and played (even has nice fret end finishing like a Custom Shop). Cool color and the clay dots are really a nice touch.

PA150884.jpg
PA150882.jpg
PA150877.jpg
PA150881.jpg

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
SWEET!!!! Congrats! Lovely color!

How's the stickiness factor on the back of the neck? Fender tends to over do it with the lacquer.

ejphotos

Tele-Holic
SWEET!!!! Congrats! Lovely color!

How's the stickiness factor on the back of the neck? Fender tends to over do it with the lacquer.
Thanks! Funny enough, surf green never would have been my first choice on a tele,, but this one just played and felt so right.

Back of neck is pretty sticky, but that doesn't really bother me because eventually my natural oils from my hands seem to take care of it.
I've played stickier.

JBryantfan

Tele-Meister
Great looking guitar and I'm thinking of buying one. I asked on another thread but you might know
better. Will this sound too similar to an 83 standard I already have? Maybe you've played similar
pickups to that and might know. I know the other specs like radius are different but sound/pickup wise
would impact a purchase decision as well.