NGD - American Standard Telecaster (Natural Ash)

DAKnox

Tele-Meister
I've been gigging for around 25 years and have had dozens of guitars but recently I've been consolidating - I get option paralysis! So I decided to have 1 good Strat and 1 good Tele.

This 2012 American Standard in Natural finish with an Ash body really took my eye and I just bought it today.

I've mostly had solid colours and the odd sunburst, but I do really like the look of this. It has the 6 saddles which I know isn't traditional, but I can work with either 3 or 6 to be honest. It also has the belly cut. I've always found Strats to be so comfortable, so although I love a vintage slab Tele I'm quite happy with this contour on a more modern appointed guitar.

Previous owner has installed Fender locking tuners. I've never needed or had them before but they do seem nice. They don't add too much weight do they?

Anyway I have only gave it a quick strum but will play it out properly soon!

Here it is...and alongside the American Pro Strat which I also acquired this year this is all the electric guitar I have. Thought I wanted a blonde (or white or even butterscotch) Tele but I really love the look of this one...

20220620_151055.jpg
20220620_151116.jpg
20220620_151102.jpg
20220620_151201.jpg

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
I've been gigging for around 25 years and have had dozens of guitars but recently I've been consolidating - I get option paralysis! So I decided to have 1 good Strat and 1 good Tele.

This 2012 American Standard in Natural finish with an Ash body really took my eye and I just bought it today.

I've mostly had solid colours and the odd sunburst, but I do really like the look of this. It has the 6 saddles which I know isn't traditional, but I can work with either 3 or 6 to be honest. It also has the belly cut. I've always found Strats to be so comfortable, so although I love a vintage slab Tele I'm quite happy with this contour on a more modern appointed guitar.

Previous owner has installed Fender locking tuners. I've never needed or had them before but they do seem nice. They don't add too much weight do they?

Anyway I have only gave it a quick strum but will play it out properly soon!

Here it is...and alongside the American Pro Strat which I also acquired this year this is all the electric guitar I have. Thought I wanted a blonde (or white or even butterscotch) Tele but I really love the look of this one...

View attachment 995771 View attachment 995772 View attachment 995774 View attachment 995775
That is a really nice pair of guitars. Congrats!

DAKnox

Tele-Meister
When I was putting strap locks on I found a wee bit of damage under the pin and the thread was stripped. So I put a toothpick in the holes with superglue. Seems to have done the trick. Finish was damaged too. Again I put some superglue over the cracks and hoped it would get in between them. Just to stop it spreading. You can see a little bit just outside the felt washer but you really have to look for it. Just didn't want it spreading. Hopefully this will do...
20220620_165059.jpg
20220620_170720.jpg
20220620_210937.jpg
20220620_210943.jpg

Last edited:

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
How do the neck profiles of those two guitars compare?

I concur about the pickups; the V-mods in the Pro Tele are not as good.