NGD American Professional Mystic Seafoam

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 5mile, Jan 18, 2017.

1. texastengu

texastengu Tele-Holic

New year new guitar - don't get much better than that!

2. TeleAnthony

TeleAnthony Tele-Meister

Awesome color and nice step up from the affinity. Enjoy.

5mile likes this.
  3. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

So very nice, congrats!

Here's to many years of fun & good health for you both.

5mile likes this.
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Nice - that is a really interesting color that is somewhat hard to really capture in a photo.

I didn't realize they stopped putting in the straps - I guess the nicer case probably costs about the same amount more than the red-handled case as those straps. Then again I don't like the monogram straps so they would just sit in the closet until I sold off a guitar that came with one.

5. cmoore

cmoore TDPRI Member

Beauty! Congrats!

6. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

very nice indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing that colour in person. Enjoy!

7. 5mile

5mile TDPRI Member

Yes nice and sparkly!

8. 5mile

5mile TDPRI Member

Well was slightly different at first due to playing a squire affinity for the last couple years
    Got used to it real fast !
    Actu

9. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

That is one gorgeous guitar! I'm not all that enamored of those pastel type finishes but that's really lovely with thw maple.
    Kudos!

10. taybutcher

taybutcher TDPRI Member

lol I am so close to buying one of the American professional telecasters. I am having trouble finding many reliable reviews. Any downsides to this guitar?

11. Xingshen71

Xingshen71 TDPRI Member

Looks like a nice one!

Really digging the newe colors in this line!

Happy NGD!

5mile likes this.
  12. BWNadeau

BWNadeau Tele-Afflicted

I've played three of these in 3 different stores - one rosewood board, the other two maple. I went into the experiences excited by the reported thicker neck, as well as the 3-barrel bridge plate.

All three were great. The sound of each, unplugged, was lively...proper Teles. Plugged in, they sounded great as well, though the pick-ups lacked the beef and presence of the pickups I prefer (all things considered, I barely ever consider pups to be a factor in a Tele anymore, since I almost always swap them out). The disappointment for me was the neck, which, while fatter than a modern C, was still much thinner feeling than my AVRI Hot Rod or any of the customs builds I've had.

The fit and finish were top-notch on the ones I tried. Were I not already $1k in on another custom build, I would probably buy one of these and be quite content - and I'm very happy that colour was not available to try, because I'd be $2k poorer ;-). That said, the other detractor for me is the price. Here in Canada, these are pushing $2k plus tax. I'm sorry, but that is absolutely ridiculous, IMHO.

Congrats though - it's a beauty.

5mile likes this.
  13. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

I used to own one exactly like yours.... I wish now that I'd not hacked it all apart and sold it. I learned a lot doing it....... still miss it. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the op's Tele.

14. Strum und Twang

Strum und Twang Tele-Meister

Congratulations on the NGD - it's a great looking guitar. I'm sorely tempted to follow suit, but the last thing I need is a third Tele when I'm primarily working in acoustic bands now. Tempting, though... Enjoy!

5mile likes this.
  15. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

LOVE that colour, congrats!

5mile likes this.
  16. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

SWEET...congrats!

Love that color.
    Reminds of a "Sage Green Metallic" Tele I had several years ago (one of the few that I really wish I had back).

17. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

This is gonna be a challenge. Here, Fender has invented a new template, where there's 4 mount screws, BUT they're below the through holes and the (through) holes could be in the same spots as the previous American Series and American Standard. Or else this plate is longer than the '52 plate. No longer will be be able to tell people it is either 4 lower mount holes above 6 through holes located low on the body, versus 3 mount holes with through holes mounted higher on the body - now we have a cross-breed with aspects of both.

One of the best things is the saddle height screws will NEVER fall over an existing plate mount screw. That always was the insoluable, problematic thing about the ole '52 Leo design anyway. FWIW, "Butt Crack" will apparently be a thing of the past on these. This plate looks wider, as wide or wider than the Callaham for '52 product. Eager to see if anyone can try an old style bridge cover on there - but it won't fit!

Looking forward to trying these out also, trying to find out how high we can raise the saddles before things start going all wrong. Congrats!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    songtalk and 5mile like this.
  18. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

No ..... Mystic refers to the way your 1000 + buck guitar floats, while you play it, without a cheap free strap!

5mile likes this.
  19. 5mile

5mile TDPRI Member

Not yet although I'm getting used to the brass saddles
    Haven't even set it up yet that will be tonight
    Although I put 10's on it before I even played it, me and 9's don't get along

WrightAllNight likes this.
  20. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

I'm really gassing for the sonic grey with the rosewood board, but this is what I was afraid of. I can't stand a slim neck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.