NGD: American Professional II Telecaster

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
Took it up to the store today to have a look at the crack. They want to try and fix the finish crack, I will drop off next week but I’m not sure how they can fix it.. She will have her maiden voyage tomorrow night. Can’t wait!!

IrishBread69

Tele-Holic
Took it up to the store today to have a look at the crack. They want to try and fix the finish crack, I will drop off next week but I’m not sure how they can fix it.. She will have her maiden voyage tomorrow night. Can’t wait!!

Good luck with that. Just make sure they don't make it worse. Other than sealing it there isn't much they can do there.

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
FBA43643-5B01-4F1A-B8A4-378C4793BF0B.jpeg

Putting her thru the test tonight!!

Imnotarobot

TDPRI Member
Nice axe! I wouldn't worry about the crack in the neck pocket. It eventually happens to most of them. It adds character.

Tommy-Tele

TDPRI Member
They’re really nice guitars! I bought the Olympic white right before Christmas, had a squire and a MIM Nashville tele in the past. Thought I bumped my head spending that much on a guitar for my skill level but glad I did.

I’m no guitar expert like some on here but I’m a believer you get what you pay for most of the time. I swapped out the tortoise shell pickguard for a parchment one, looks a lot better IMO.

View attachment 957013
That is simply beautiful - now off to find me a OW/RW Am Pro II and a parchment pickguard (probably some locking tuners, too)

Tommy-Tele

TDPRI Member
Been eyeing one for a while. Was looking for used but decided to purchase it brand new as I’ve never been able to do before. I felt like I looked it over with an eagle eye in the store only to get home and see the dreaded crack in the neck pocket. Will contact the store Monday, for the money that’s going to bug me. I absolutely love the guitar though! It blows everything else I have out of the water and I look for it to get even better once I tweak the setup to my preference.
Congrats on a great guitar. I played one and I think the deep c neck might be the nicest neck I have ever played.

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
Congrats on a great guitar. I played one and I think the deep c neck might be the nicest neck I have ever played.

The neck sold me on the guitar honestly. It feels like quality when you play it. I need to have the setup tweaked so I’ll be dropping it off with my luthier soon. Taking it to the store this week to see what they can do about the finish crack first.

I’ve got to tweak my rig a little too. I have all my settings in my HX for my bullet tele so it’ll take me a bit to tweak for this guitar but I think it’ll be my new #1 before too long.

Somnospeed

Tele-Meister
The neck sold me on the guitar honestly. It feels like quality when you play it.
100% agree. The Pro II series necks are hands down the best I've ever play. I have two Teles and a Strat with Pro II necks and they are basically all I play (and an AO 70's Tele neck, as well.) They feel like Custom Shop but more silky. I wouldn't change an atom on those necks. Even the small differences between the Pro 1 and Pro II necks are an improvement in feel. It may seem like there are no differences, but wrong. The Pro II series has a much smoother roll on the fretboard. They took a great neck in the Pro 1 and perfected it with the Pro II.

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
Update:
The store is replacing the guitar for me. The new one should be here in a few days, hoping everything is good with it and it feels the same. We shall see! Customer Service is alive and well!

RockstarChris

TDPRI Member
Bet you think you are some kind of pro with your fancy shmancy geetar. JK it's so nice (I have a Pro I).

guitarndrms

Tele-Meister
Update: New guitar came in with no finish cracks…

However, the setup out the box was absolutely horrible. Intonation was way off and had some buzzing and fret outs. I took to my luthier and got it back today. I didn’t have time to play it much in store but it’s still quite a bit off intonation wise. The other guitar was near perfect, I didn’t even touch it hardly! Considering the money spent on these guitars you would think fender would have it fairly close. Getting ready to give my guy a phone call to check back over.. it’s really bad when using a capo, I understand it will be slightly off but it’s almost a half step off when you fret it (and I’m not hammering down either).

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
They’re really nice guitars! I bought the Olympic white right before Christmas, had a squire and a MIM Nashville tele in the past. Thought I bumped my head spending that much on a guitar for my skill level but glad I did.

I’m no guitar expert like some on here but I’m a believer you get what you pay for most of the time. I swapped out the tortoise shell pickguard for a parchment one, looks a lot better IMO.

View attachment 957013
I have the Pro 1 in this livery. Added Hipshots and Areas. Excellent guitar. Especially as new it cost about 400 less than the new Pro 2's.

It did, however, need a fret dress and nut work, because the out-of-box setup sucked.

Flip G

Tele-Holic
Been eyeing one for a while. Was looking for used but decided to purchase it brand new as I’ve never been able to do before. I felt like I looked it over with an eagle eye in the store only to get home and see the dreaded crack in the neck pocket. Will contact the store Monday, for the money that’s going to bug me. I absolutely love the guitar though! It blows everything else I have out of the water and I look for it to get even better once I tweak the setup to my preference.

Your original picture threw me for a second. I thought the reflection of the gooseneck lamp was something ON the guitar: one of those spring-y tremolo bars. :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Sorry about the crack. After one of these crack threads I checked a favorite Tele that hadn't had a crack at the neck pocket and sure enough, now it has one. Doesn't affect my feeling towards the guitar (it is awesome). Yours was a new one though. Hope you get it all sorted out.
IMG_20210918_174930168.jpg